PDA

View Full Version : 250r or banshee

SeanOO13
01-28-2006, 04:33 PM
shuld iget a 250r or a banshee?trail riding. and somtimes on a track.

rebelbanshee
01-28-2006, 04:42 PM
Banshee

CHEVYZ
01-28-2006, 06:32 PM
What will you be doing?

blb515
01-28-2006, 08:36 PM
I'm with rebel on this one....Banshee...lol

jeannie hurtado
03-30-2006, 11:32 AM
Tha Banshee is fast and so is the R, If u will b doin trail ALOT get the Banshee! If u r goin 2 race get the R!!! The Banshee is the worst race track quad made! But, they are good at drag races!!

250-R-250
03-30-2006, 12:05 PM
BANSHEE? Honestly guys who replied banshee, have you even riden one? And then have you gotten right on an R?

You need a 250R. Its WAY better in the woods and on the track. If your in tight woods, depending on how the banshee is ported and designed....YOU WILL KILL YOUR SELF. The handeling is horrible, its a dragging quad, thats what its made for, thats all its good at.....period...yes they are fun though.

The R will do everything you want and more. Plus you will not have 2 of everything to replace! It has more then enough power!

The guys that said banshee for track and woods are on crack

Tom TRX250R
03-30-2006, 12:18 PM
I'm with 250-R-250, Banshee is not exactly the best woods bike. The 250R blows it away in the woods and on the track. It handles much better and will not have the peaky power that most Banshees have. For the dunes, I would probably recommend a banshee but for his style of riding there is no way I would choose the banshee over the 250R!!!

Hoppedrap
03-30-2006, 01:31 PM
I'll put it this way. i had two 250R's and a banshee, now I have 3 250R's :D

wilkin250r
03-30-2006, 01:50 PM
I can't tell you HOW many people I have seen that go out "riding" for an hour at a time, and most of the time is spent racing their buddies. The other time is spent at some small jump that launches you a whopping 3 feet off the ground.

Be honest. If this is you, then get the banshee.

The banshee is kind of an "intermediate" quad. It's not for beginners, it's too difficult to handle and control. It's made for the person that knows how to ride, and likes to go faster than his buddies, but really doesn't push the suspension to it's limits.

The 250r is a quad for experts. Sure, in stock form, it doesn't have the power and speed of a banshee. But power is upgradeable, and it's fairly easy. However, it's extremely difficult to get around the terrible handling characteristics of a banshee.

The 250r is a quad for the person that doesn't give a rats *ss about beating his buddies, somebody that doesn't care about straight-line speed. He's out to push himself and his quad to their limits, and needs maximum response from his suspension.

450rJam
03-30-2006, 07:40 PM
WOW
your sound very emotional about this topic.
not a slap or anything
I have a 250R w/pipe,filter and I want to beat my buddies at every level, jump farther, win in drags, and smoke them in the woods.
I lose to banshee's in drags. usually win in jumping, and as far as
woods/trails, haha lets just say they would rather do the first two.

edz250r
03-31-2006, 08:47 AM
I owned a Banshee and sold it for an R before I ever even rode an R. I took people advice when they said that the R was an overall better quad. It turned out to be the best decision I ever made. Sure I gave up a little power for drag racing, but the overall handling in woods and trails, light weight, ease of maintenance, looks and power will keep me from ever selling my R. Sure they are both 2 strokes and have the same maintenance, but working on two cylinders, two carbs, pipes, etc. all the time can be a pain in the butt.

03-31-2006, 09:01 AM
i have both...when i wanna rip through out 100 acre fields u better beleive i dont mess with th 250R, but when i go to the track i dont mess with the banshee :D buy both?? :)

tmoney
03-31-2006, 02:59 PM
Dude I virtually have both. I have a 250r and my brother has a banshee. If your going to trail ride and drag race, go with the banshee. Both have their pros and cons. Yeh, I prefer my 250R over the Banshee but I never trail ride my 250, so its up to you.

Tom TRX250R
03-31-2006, 03:32 PM
Banshee and trails don't go together too well unless you mod it that way and it still won't be near the handling and good bike a 250R will be in the woods. Most Banshees I have rode are peaky drag quads and don't handle worth a crap. If you are dragging it only I would def. suggest a Banshee otherwise if you want an all around fast good handling quad, go with the 250R!

250rinLV
04-01-2006, 05:45 PM
The banshee is made for one thing and one thing only going fast in a straight line.

if you want a bike with REAL performance go with the 250R, hands down.

250R-Dee
04-01-2006, 08:14 PM
First I'll start with...... asking about any quad other than the "R" in here is like going to a Mustang Swap Meet and asking if a Camaro is better :D

One of my buds here on teh ROCK has a 420cc+ Banshee with a buttload if parts. It has awesome straightline and hill climbling power but I am absolutely positive my "R" is gonna kill him on our makeshift traffic. The Shee is too tempermental. You are either WOT or nothing at all. Drop outta the powerband and you'd be better off walking barefoot on broken glass filled beach on a 140* day.

machwon
04-01-2006, 08:48 PM
I agree with what Wilkin has posted. If you plan on riding in first three gears only, get the honda. Otherwise you'll need a very very fast R (330 or bigger) to hang with a good running banshee.

wilkin250r
04-03-2006, 12:38 PM
Honestly, my next quad will be a banshee, for my girlfriend. It's perfect for her. She doesn't jump, she doesn't go screaming through whoops. She only has two requirements from her quad.

1. Have the ability to go anywhere she needs (even if it's not the fastest, easiest to handle, or most comfortable).

2. Be faster than most anybody else in a straight line.

machwon
04-03-2006, 12:46 PM
Yeah, my wife loves her's. Even though I have it done up real fast and running on race fuel (in case I want to race it too), she can still start it (even with high compression) on her own too!