PDA

View Full Version : no spark.

ReconRider25
01-28-2006, 03:42 PM
alright heres the deal. '03 400ex. i installed a kx killswitch for my start button, put my hi/low/off for the lights into a 3way switch, and i wired the wires together from the killswitch and the two for the clutch switch. havent done my new tether yet but i can turn the key on and the starter will work and the lights all work so it seems fine but i have no spark. i tried a different spark plug and got the same results. never had this problem till after i redid the wiring on the handlebars but the new controls all seem to work fine so why dont i have spark? any help is appreciated. thanks.:confused:

Chicksdigme423
01-28-2006, 03:59 PM
re check your kill switch wiring, just because you have the lights right doesnt mean you have everything right, just look it over again

prepracing
01-28-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Chicksdigme423
re check your kill switch wiring, just because you have the lights right doesnt mean you have everything right, just look it over again

you must not be sending any power to the coil

m1ke
01-28-2006, 08:07 PM
well dude you must have wired the kill switch improperely, I wouldn't have home-wired my stuff but thats just me you may have a defective switch /bare wire/bad connection/short. CAREFUL YOU DONT WANT TO FRY THE ELECTRICAL, THAT CAN BE A REAL HEADACHE!

LightningEX
01-28-2006, 09:03 PM
May sound stupid but make sure the spark plug wire is fully pushed onto the coil.One time mine pushed off a little but was still attached looking and it didnt give juice.

ReconRider25
01-28-2006, 09:05 PM
the killbutton works but i noticed there is 2 green wires and two black wires. theyre both labeled as bat2 and ground and the green ones do connect elsewhere in the wiring harness but is it possible that i have the two black wires backwards? and also does it even matter what wire on the killbutton goes to? one was a power and the other i ground and i hooked one to the yellow/red and the other to i believe a black wire. :confused: