PDA

View Full Version : Ltr 450

Hon300ex
01-28-2006, 03:38 PM
How come the new ltr 450 it supose to be "race ready" but on Gusts and Jones race quad they have so many aftermarket things that could be left stock to help suport the race ready idea? If you guys get dirt wheels then read the article in the march 06 issue. Im not complaining about this im just wondering why suzuki would let them do this?

They also said that it smoked 450r's in a race:blah:

BLRacing619
01-28-2006, 03:45 PM
he got the fox shocks because they are lighter and will perform better then the stock ones so will the a-arms and other mods he got....you can still race the ltr stock it will just be even better modded....if i was a pro racer like him i think i would mod my quad no matter how good it came

trx400exxracer
01-28-2006, 03:46 PM
how come the 450r and yfz450 are race ready out of the box and most everybody have some aftermarket parts on this

why dont anybody understand that any bike will ever be race ready I mean everyone aske that

it will be a long time before they come out with a completely race ready quad if they ever do

01-28-2006, 03:46 PM
I THINK that they are doing this to support there sponsors and even if the bike is race ready there is gonna be a company thats going to make an even better part to replace it.
But the only racer that ive seen that runs stock swing arm is john natalie I think cus the 06 honda swingarm is pretty much rock solid they say

FourFiftyFour
01-28-2006, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Marshmello
I THINK that they are doing this to support there sponsors and even if the bike is race ready there is gonna be a company thats going to make an even better part to replace it.
But the only racer that ive seen that runs stock swing arm is john natalie I think cus the 06 honda swingarm is pretty much rock solid they say

last year i saw kory ellis running a stock swingarm on his YFZ at the pro quad stadium race in houston

quadmaster88
01-28-2006, 04:17 PM
i watched the video with doug gust and he also said he put aftermarket stuff on just incase the stock parts wouldnt hold up, lighter parts do make a different. Im sure they would not make a stock ltr450 to be the best out there cause if they did it would probably cost $10,000..... customizations.... who wants to have the same quad as everyone else?

moto04racing
01-28-2006, 04:19 PM
even though they may be race ready, they probally put aftermarket parts on it to make it beyond race ready... Just a thought

FourFiftyFour
01-28-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by 240BlasterRida
even though they may be race ready, they probally put aftermarket parts on it to make it beyond race ready... Just a thought

"beyond race ready"..........................

wow............................................... .......

balls2da-wall
01-28-2006, 04:36 PM
as a matter of fact there is a totally race ready quad out there. The ATK450! There was one pro in GNCC that did race this quad "out of the box". Jeff from The Quad Shop I believe.

trx400exxracer
01-28-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by balls2da-wall
as a matter of fact there is a totally race ready quad out there. The ATK450! There was one pro in GNCC that did race this quad "out of the box". Jeff from The Quad Shop I believe.

thats right and that will probably only be the quad CLOSEST to race ready

but you still gotta get the shocks revalved

and another reason they dont run them stock is because of sponsors how do you think the racers make money

I think Natalie is making $100,000 just running elka and roll design

trx400exxracer
01-28-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
last year i saw kory ellis running a stock swingarm on his YFZ at the pro quad stadium race in houston

and Bill Balance ran the stock swingarm

One_Bad_400
01-28-2006, 05:03 PM
when there's $10,000 on the line every race... i'd say FUDGE THE RACE READY IDEA!!! :blah:

01-28-2006, 05:34 PM
Race ready= marketing.

Quad Boy 660r
02-01-2006, 08:28 PM
They wont be race ready until Susucki puts nerfs and a kill switch on them stock.

Sorry, couldnt help myself with the "Susucki" part. Nothing personal.

dangle
02-01-2006, 09:37 PM
I haven't looked up the specs on the ltr yet but if it's supposebly wider and "race ready" wouldn't +2 arms put it over the width limit? If so seems like the gust and ballance versions are marketing at it's finest...

Mike