PDA

View Full Version : Listen to your Ipod while riding?

j_cyrus3
01-28-2006, 02:50 PM
Any of you guys listen to your Ipod while riding? I had seen this done before, and I figured it would take your mind off of riding, but I was more relaxed, but pumped too. It was kind of odd at first, but it seemed to keep me relaxed. I was just trail riding on a ute, but just practicing to stay in shape( I don't have a sport quad anymore ) Just an idea for you guys.

moto04racing
01-28-2006, 03:00 PM
i listened to my cd player while riding, didnt get my ipod in time to ride, i did fall and bust up my CD player thou, but those are chincey and ipods are thick bricks

FourFiftyFour
01-28-2006, 04:04 PM
arent those ipods like really expensive or something?

hmmm one little wad up and there goes your expensive gadget that I have no use for in the first place......or heres a better scenario...you wad up and it falls in the middle of the track and someone runs it over. :blah:

Id rather listen to my motor and make sure I hear everything is alright goin on down there and hearin my revs.

prepracing
01-28-2006, 05:24 PM
tried it one time....the music had to be loud enough to hear over the HMF pipe and it was not pleasurable at all to listen to it being that loud. Caused a very good headache afterwords....not to mention that constant ringing that I had in my ears for like an hour after I finished riding :(

01-28-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by 240BlasterRida
i listened to my cd player while riding, didnt get my ipod in time to ride, i did fall and bust up my CD player thou, but those are chincey and ipods are thick bricks

iPods, Bricks? haaha no. Those things suck. Sure there good for listing to music while your in a car or something, but if you even think about doing anything where the iPod moves, the hard drives break. I've had 3 ipods, so don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about either. If you drop those things any height over a inch, it will break.

DONT RIDE WITH THEM.

Mxjunkie
01-28-2006, 06:23 PM
I've used my dads girlfriends ipod countless times and it still works, I dropped it out of the car 3ft up atleast by mistake and it hasnt missed a beat, I have the ipod nano

Matt37
01-28-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
iPods, Bricks? haaha no. Those things suck. Sure there good for listing to music while your in a car or something, but if you even think about doing anything where the iPod moves, the hard drives break. I've had 3 ipods, so don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about either. If you drop those things any height over a inch, it will break.

DONT RIDE WITH THEM.

You don't know what your talking about.

I have dropped mine down steps and all kinds of places, Ipods are very durable.

Maybe you just have bad luck.

300ex_#387
01-28-2006, 07:33 PM
How do you guys fit your headphones in your helmet? I have the little ones that go into my ear, and I still cant seem to get my helmet to fit around them.

01-28-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Matt37
You don't know what your talking about.

I have dropped mine down steps and all kinds of places, Ipods are very durable.

Maybe you just have bad luck.

What kind was it?

lil400exman
01-28-2006, 08:04 PM
another thing is that they arent designed for extremely hard jolts like jogging working out or riding. The hard banging could cause the hard disk to skip while reading info off of it. This is why a shuffle or other flash-based player that doesnt read off a disk. Another thing is my ipod is very durable. I have a 60Gb Video and I love it. Only thing is battery life is short watching videos. About 4 TV shows or one and a half movies and its spent. Just keep a AA battery to Ipod connector charger and your ready to go. Its pretty durable...my dog knocked it out of my hand all the way to the floor, just a scratch on the back chrome area. Just buy a guard the lucite cases scratches easy....only complaint with mine!