PDA

View Full Version : 1st time

250rmike
07-10-2002, 07:49 PM
it just occured to me i have never been in this section of the forum. i guess it cause i dont have any dunes. how do you guys like riding in dunes compaired to trailes. some of the trails i used to ride on like everyday last year were nothing but sand that was like a beach that was dry. how does this compare?

07-11-2002, 11:55 AM
I used to think riding on the river beaches and suck like your talking about is fun until i hit the dunes, they are so much more fun to ride on. to me at least

own2424
07-11-2002, 02:58 PM
Yes, Yes....Sand is a million times better than trails. I am from NJ, but I am in Arizona right now cuz im on vacation. I brought my banshee here too. Im having a blast at the dunes, ive never had so much fun before. Trails just suck compared to the dunes.

rhandw69
07-11-2002, 04:08 PM
Having been raised here close to the ORegon dunes and in the Pacific Northwest, I get to ride both dunes and trails. DUnes and Im talking dunes with big hills, tree shots and the whole 9, are a HUGE rush. No comparison. Apples to Oranges,,

airheadedduner
07-11-2002, 11:00 PM
Do you like to do doubles??? The dunes are covered with them, step ups, you name it. Jumping in the dunes is a real thrill. Sand is real forginving if you crash(lucky for me:D).

Nausty
07-13-2002, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
Do you like to do doubles??? The dunes are covered with them, step ups, you name it. Jumping in the dunes is a real thrill. Sand is real forginving if you crash(lucky for me:D).

thats why I wanna test it out:D easier on the quad when you crash too. I would really love to hit some 4th or 5th gear jumps:D

07-13-2002, 11:40 AM
You would be suprised how bad it can hurt if u bust in the sand :devil

airheadedduner
07-13-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by EXracer8601
You would be suprised how bad it can hurt if u bust in the sand :devil

Believe me I know, but it doesn't hurt near as bad as crashing in the dirt.

RobG
07-29-2002, 01:10 AM
When I ride trails, I take my Grizzly. It's a much better trail machine than the 400EX.

BUT, for the dunes, the 400EX is awesome!!! As far as I'm concerned, it's my dedicated dune machine.

Back when I just had the Grizzly, I thought gee, sport quads, how quaint. Sand. Gee, big deal. No trails to follow, just ride around on sand all day. How fun is that?

Well then I got a great deal on the 400EX and found out! Next weekend will be three weekends in a row at Sand Mountain. Meanwhile the Grizzly sits in the garage unused. :)

Rob

08-07-2002, 09:07 PM
Gues I 'll be able to ya "How it was"...after this w/e..
Goin to Nj for some sand.....
Hopes it turns out better then last time ...only second time for me ...1st time was an expensive painful DISASTER...I will be much more careful than last .

roostin_dale
08-07-2002, 10:26 PM
I am headin to the dunes for my first time the 11th to the 16th im going to little sahara

PismoGuy400
08-08-2002, 11:58 AM
theres a big difference between the two...you always have to stay on the trails...in the sand you go wherever you please...its more of a thrill when you are trail riding .do you get to fly 30 feet off the top of a hill...you need to try it sometime soon.,....i GUARANTEE youll be hooked for life...

08-08-2002, 10:36 PM
pismo........,.how do the gecko's work???

PismoGuy400
08-08-2002, 11:10 PM
its more of a thrill when you are trail riding .do you get to fly 30 feet off the top of a hill...you need to try it sometime soon.,....i GUARANTEE youll be hooked for life...

that is supposed to say .....

it is more of a thrill when you are DUNE RIDING..Do you get to fly 30 feel off the top of a hill, while trail riding??....no, but you do while duning...you need to try it sometime soon....i GUARANTEE youll be hooked for life...

sorry...i was in a hurry the first time...

pismo........,.how do the gecko's work???

i love them....theyre perfect for me.......they truely are a mix of the v and strait paddles, ive got the best of both worlds, especially w/ the trackers up front.....if your thinking about getting them for your R i dont know how they'd work...they might not be enough paddle for them....talk to OLDNUMBERSEVEN... hes got a garage full of geckos. literally. hes got like 4 pairs of them....hes ridden them on a more variety of quads...ive only ridden them on my ex.

ive never gotten to try them out on big hills , because at pismo...nothing is over 175 feet...it sucks...but man, do they throw a mean roost:D

Deathbringer
08-09-2002, 04:59 PM
ONE WORD

AWESOME

tryken
08-12-2002, 08:49 AM
Quad freak 14, are you going to Little Sahara the 11-16 of Sept. or Aug. I am going to be there the 10 thru 15 of Sept. That is the weekend of Roostfest.

Dune Surfer
08-14-2002, 10:44 PM
It will change your life

08-15-2002, 05:25 AM
ahhh...it nots all that .......but heres a pic of sand..
in NJ..
..perhaps just this locatiion...is not as good as west coast/ mid state ridin..