PDA

View Full Version : silver lake opening weekend

beany
01-28-2006, 12:47 PM
Does anyone know how busy silver lake is opening weekend?? I'm planning on going and was wondering what kind of crowd will be there? And another thing is that I've never been there before and was wondering what the requirments were for the park. Other then the obvious flag, noise. Want to know about registration stickers etc?? Any help would be appreciated.

jmc400ex02
01-28-2006, 01:06 PM
ORV sticker and a State Park sticker is needed. Yes, it will be busy on Saturday.

pit/wood
01-28-2006, 02:31 PM
kinda depends on te weather.nice=crowded,not so nice and all the fair-weather riders stay home.,.I WILL BE THERE!about 20 bucks with a day pass.if you plan on going more than 2 times(different days in the same year) then you want to get the yearly that adds about 10 bucks.go to michigan.gov find the dnr site and you can see all the orv areas in this state.same maps you find along the trails.,.hope to see ya there

beany
01-28-2006, 03:51 PM
So all i need is a park pass sticker along with the other known iteams. I do plan on being there. Should be me on my 06 450r black with black wheels. Planning on running sand star rears stock fronts, and my budding that will probably be with me is runninng an 06 raptor 700 blue and its alittle messed up due to his accident this fall. Tow vechical will be a white cherokee with a small lift. hope to see you there.

pit/wood
01-28-2006, 04:21 PM
pretty much like you said,its 2 different stickers though,both good for 1 calander year.one is for parking in a state park,the other is an orv sticker for using the trails,silver is considered a trail.hope to see ya there.

witti
01-29-2006, 05:03 PM
My friends and I will be there, either sat or sunday.

pit/wood
01-29-2006, 05:13 PM
I will be there,gonna have the group with me,probably a few more.6-20 machines.

01-31-2006, 11:04 AM
How much will these stickers be and were will you be able to get them? Will they be selling them right befor you get in?

buildingup
01-31-2006, 11:08 AM
yup the stickers you can buy right as you pull into the parking lot, and if you need flags theres 2 stores right outside of the parking lot you can go to and pick up as many as you need

Jackie
02-15-2006, 10:25 AM
I have gone many times and the weather has been nice and bad. It will not be crowded at all. You might still have snow and ice on the sand. Last year there were still tire tracks from the year before so it was rough riding. Then after a couple rain storms with high winds afterwards and it was perfect. I find that early and late season riding is the best there.
have fun and i will be thinking about all of you while riding Glamis that same week. :blah:

djeurink
02-16-2006, 09:46 AM
yea not too many people, and they arent too hard on the noise. but make shure to have a sparky.

450rguySLSD
02-19-2006, 07:53 PM
i'm going to be out there with atleast 10 quads and probably about 5 bikes, last year the stickers were 16.50 for ORV and 22.00 for the State Park. i've herd that the state park is gonna go up a couple bucks but thats really not that bad and the Flags run about 18.00 let me know what your riding and i'll look for you out there. I'll post pics later of what were bringing.

YFZ45o
02-22-2006, 06:07 PM
i'll be there with a friend... he'll be on a black and white 01 raptor 660 with a yoshi comp system on and rear sand skate 2's.... i dont know what i'll be riding... might be on a 250r... we'll see tho

pit/wood
02-24-2006, 08:09 PM
looks like we might have a crowd on the 1st.

beefy
02-25-2006, 05:58 AM
Myself and a handful of other locals will be there. Most will be on 450r's. Look for my '02 f-150 supercrew. Big Thor sticker in the rear window. Get ahold of us if you have any major breakdowns, we could probably help you out. Four more weeks....woohoo

witti
02-25-2006, 07:56 AM
Is it april yet?

pit/wood
02-25-2006, 08:07 AM
four weeks,oh ****.gotta get to work on my ride.I think someone should make a big banner that says"ATV RIDERS.COM"and hang it on thier trailer or truck.maybe beefy can use it to cover up that blue ovel on his truck.it might not leave him sittin at the bottem of test hill if it didnt know it was a ford.lol

beefy
02-27-2006, 10:06 PM
Nice.....:rolleyes:

We'll see ya up there.

DuneAholic310R
02-27-2006, 11:43 PM
32 days?

pit/wood
02-28-2006, 07:41 AM
Witti,go back into your cave,it aint time to come out yet.If you cant sleep and your dreamin of sand in your shorts then you can come over and help me figure out where all these parts go.

jsmith2232
02-28-2006, 12:23 PM
I won't be able to make it up there till mid april, I'll be in cancun from the 1st-8th but after that it's gonna be every chance I get!!!

witti
02-28-2006, 01:24 PM
Witti,go back into your cave,it aint time to come out yet.If you cant sleep and your dreamin of sand in your shorts then you can come over and help me figure out where all these parts go.

It will come sooner then you think. It looks like you better get to work. Do you even remember where all of the parts go? You need a suzuki owner to help you? LOL

I think we should all place bets on how many spare parts you will have when your done?

pit/wood
02-28-2006, 05:53 PM
I think its best to leave all the spare parts on the bench.I only need the important ones.I put on a few pounds over the winter,so instead of me goin on a diet I put my machine on one.Got rid of alot of crap.

400exchick
03-02-2006, 10:59 AM
I should be making my way down to hang out with a couple ppl for opening weekend. I've already been warned that they're probably gonna peel out on me for the first little while (they'll be too excited and gonna be ripping it up everywhere)

Any takers to keep me company for the first little bit?? hehe

pit/wood
03-02-2006, 11:08 AM
I think you just stepped in a pit of snakes young lady. And may I be the first to extend a hand in friendship. If you do make it down I would be glad to show you around the dunes,with or without your parents along. And I promise to roost on those who would dissrespect you.:devil:

400exchick
03-02-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by pit/wood
I think you just stepped in a pit of snakes young lady.

That's possible.. hehe.. but you'll never get what you want by staying quiet right ;)

pit/wood
03-02-2006, 11:36 AM
Boy I screwed that post up.

Blood500
03-02-2006, 03:15 PM
ill be there

beany
03-02-2006, 10:41 PM
well its good to see people anre talking like there going to be there. We'll see who shows depending on the weather. I'm know i'll be there for sure, with or without my buddies hope to meet up with a few or you there. 28 days to go. I got some work to do but i'll be there.

pit/wood
03-03-2006, 07:37 AM
You bet your a## I will be there. You just shine up your balls and get ready.Puttin in a big order today,hopin to see mr.brown pull up in a couple days.gonna be like christmas.Called a powder coater today,can get my frame done overnight for 45 bucks.he does great work and he is local,sorry pappy.When you are retired every penny counts. Hey Witti,got that suzuki dialed in yet?

pit/wood
03-03-2006, 11:19 AM
Tell ya what,Ya gotta have a plan.How about we all just meet on test/comp hill at the top of the west end,closest to the lake.That way we can all make a pass over test/comp hill and then rip up the backside while the group watches out for ya.any more ideas?

witti
03-03-2006, 01:18 PM
Hey Witti,got that suzuki dialed in yet?

I got the jetting a little on the rich side for the winter. But its running pretty good. I just got a clutch, Im going to install it this weekend.

You will find out how good it runs when were on the drags and your looking at my tail light. :D

I should be there between 9 & 10am on the first. The weather will have to be pretty bad for me not to show up.

pit/wood
03-03-2006, 03:02 PM
Yep,I was just thinkin about it. We had some friends that are locals there to get vouchers for us in case it was crowded. I need to make sure thats happanin again. Guess I should be in the shop workin on my ride. I do my best work under pressure :devil:

jmc400ex02
03-03-2006, 03:15 PM
you dont need vauchers on the first do you? i thaught it was later on!!

pit/wood
03-03-2006, 05:09 PM
I think you are right jmc400ex02, last year was my first year.I was to damn geeked up,my quad was only a couple days old so I was ridin the high. On top of that I was nursing a 440 I put together the night before for a buddy. Jetting and valve adjustments is all. But it is still kind of fuzzy cuz we got there the night before and partied a bit before we passed out,I mean went to sleep,yea thats right,went to sleep.

witti
03-03-2006, 05:28 PM
No vouchers are needed untill memorial weekend. They end around laborday weekend.

ZSK
03-03-2006, 05:41 PM
I'll be there, more than likely on Sunday. Here's the mean machine.;)

pit/wood
03-03-2006, 05:53 PM
I always rode for free when others were going up,left the planning to them. Hey Witti I hope you dont bring out some kinda doug gust lookin replica an try ta show me the best way to roll a quad. Should I bring my porta-power?

pit/wood
03-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by ZSK
I'll be there, more than likely on Sunday. Here's the mean machine.;) All right dude,thats it. But hey, wheres the paddles? Have you changed the cam timing yet , works great.

ZSK
03-03-2006, 08:52 PM
Cam mod is completely backwards for what I use the quad for. Paddels are in the shed until April hits.:)

pit/wood
03-03-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by ZSK
Cam mod is completely backwards for what I use the quad for. Paddels are in the shed until April hits.:) realy,what are your views on the cam mod?

ZSK
03-04-2006, 03:02 PM
Cam mod makes it slower to start and easier to stall. For an XC racer, I need quick starts and can't have the wheeler stalling on me all the time.:) I'll add parts to the outside but the inside is staying like yamaha made it.

DuneAholic310R
03-07-2006, 12:04 PM
25 days fyi!

450rider79south
03-08-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by pit/wood
pretty much like you said,its 2 different stickers though,both good for 1 calander year.one is for parking in a state park,the other is an orv sticker for using the trails,silver is considered a trail.hope to see ya there.

can you get the stickers there?

witti
03-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Hey Witti I hope you dont bring out some kinda doug gust lookin replica an try ta show me the best way to roll a quad. Should I bring my porta-power?

My Z is nothing special, just has a couple of go fast parts. Runs with the piped 450's.

Yes, you can get everything you need at the gate where you enter.

witti
03-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Hey Witti I hope you dont bring out some kinda doug gust lookin replica an try ta show me the best way to roll a quad. Should I bring my porta-power?

My Z is nothing special, just has a couple of go fast parts. Runs with the piped 450's.

Yes, you can get everything you need at the gate where you enter.

tar
03-08-2006, 06:25 PM
witti did you send a picture in to dirt wheels for the letters section a while back b/c i swore it was your z and it said witti in your last name

witti
03-09-2006, 12:26 PM
witti did you send a picture in to dirt wheels for the letters section a while back b/c i swore it was your z and it said witti in your last name

Yes I did. There was a pic of a dirtbike below my Z. It was a friend of mine that went over the bars while doing a stoppie.

Heres the pics

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/witti/2005_0328Image0044.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/witti/2005_0410Image0011.jpg

pit/wood
03-09-2006, 01:21 PM
Almost got my frame ready to get blasted again,then its off to the powder-coater

mi250r
03-09-2006, 07:41 PM
I've onlly been to Silver Lake once last spring opening weekend. Does anyone know if 110 gas is sold nearby? Last year I didn't need it so pump premium was fine. Can't wait till opening weekend again :)

ZSK
03-09-2006, 09:08 PM
If I remember right, Dar sells race and premium.

beefy
03-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Either that, or when you get off the highway in Hart, take a right and go down to the first gas station on the left next to Mc D's...they should have it.

Jackie
03-11-2006, 03:48 PM
take left off the x-way BP's has it. also the Dune Land store at the dune entrance. dune land opens at 9am and closes at 2pm early spring. have fun i will be thinking of all of you silverlake folks when I'm riding Glamis for the first 2 weeks of April. then i will be back at silver lake dreaming of the Glamis trip.:D :cool:
ride safe
play safe;)

300exQuadracer
03-12-2006, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Jackie
take left off the x-way BP's has it. also the Dune Land store at the dune entrance. dune land opens at 9am and closes at 2pm early spring. have fun i will be thinking of all of you silverlake folks when I'm riding Glamis for the first 2 weeks of April. then i will be back at silver lake dreaming of the Glamis trip.:D :cool:
ride safe
play safe;)

bp and david allen have race gas, the eatin place above the BP is excelent for a night eats after a long day at the dunes

i`ll be there 1st weekend with my orange 79 chevy 1 ton 4" lift & 33" and my orange 250r if i got it broke in in time, my buddies will be riding ,2- 400's one red, one yellow, 2-450r's, and a blue 84 chevy 3/4 ton both trucks are show quality so you`ll probably be able to pick us out

mi250r
03-13-2006, 02:30 AM
My brother and me and all his Ford worker buddies will be there. I'll be lookin for that Orange one. I'm putting together a orange 250r for him right now, but It'll not be done in time. I have a red 88 and he'll be on a black Raptor. He has a white 350 crew cab diesel 4x4 with a little bit of a lift on it, and the rear window has a checkered flag sticker deal on it... can't miss it. So is 110 easy enough to find there even on opening weekend? All the stations around here that have it still don't have it. They say it's seasonal :( Probably going to buy a barrel of C12 and be done with it for a while... Here's my 88

pit/wood
03-13-2006, 06:40 AM
There is alot of 110 that gets burned up at silver, its easy to find on opening day. After you park you can walk to David Allens Duneland,(they have a website). So you dont have to worry about fillin up before you get there. there is 110 available in mears and hart. Which are both about 5 - 10 mins away. david allens also sells paddle tires,cables,brake pads ,levers,handlebars,k/n filters,all kinds of oil,repair brackets for when you break off your flag mount and they have pipes for alot of the quads and dirtbikes. they also have a selection of gear and such. And my favorite. The ice cream shop. appletree racing(I think its racing,might be Appletree motors or something) that have sandrail stuff,and they can do welding for you.had my flag bracket crack ,I bought a couple of discs for my supertrapp,and had them reweld my bracket.Came to like 9 bucks total,so they are not into screwin people. lots of vw rail parts there.I think they can put one together without ordering anything. even the frame,they sell those also.

03-14-2006, 09:06 AM
i am sooo pumped to go...going to help my buddy put his banshee together today and we should be out there, both 2002 black and white banshees, but of course mine will be ripping past everyone:) :p

Predatorman500
03-14-2006, 10:52 AM
Couple of things i was wondering do any of drag up there and what do you drag, i was just wondering what kind of compotition will be up there this year last year i ran my stock predator up and did not do to bad but now i have done some stuff to it and was planning on taking it up there to race!!! and also what is the opening date:confused:

pit/wood
03-14-2006, 11:33 AM
It opens the 1st of april.as far as drag racing goes I think there will be plenty of that.Just look at all the people from this forum that are going,but I know none of us would do anything like drag racing when it is against the rules.:devil:

Predatorman500
03-14-2006, 11:40 AM
right on the drag racing thing don't worry none of that wil be going on ha ha forget i said that i mean riding fast with each other!!!:p

SLSD400exGUY
03-16-2006, 04:56 PM
its not that bad out there dude.. i here a lot of peopl etell everyone that "oh theres soo many people out on opening day and this and that" no its okay.. kinda cold but you start to heat up

300exQuadracer
03-17-2006, 03:26 PM
the last weekend last year was really windy so i think thats why not many people where there but it was peaked perfect for jumping and you couldnt beat the 60 degree weather all weekend

thomps6s
03-20-2006, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by beany
Does anyone know how busy silver lake is opening weekend?? I'm planning on going and was wondering what kind of crowd will be there? And another thing is that I've never been there before and was wondering what the requirments were for the park. Other then the obvious flag, noise. Want to know about registration stickers etc?? Any help would be appreciated.

A group of us were there opening day and the following 7 days last year. We pretty much owned the DUNES that week, including opening weekend. There were very few people which was very nice.

beany
03-28-2006, 12:43 PM
One more question. Is there a good place to buy sand tires out there?? lookin for some sand stars, I tried to order some but everyone has them on backorder right now:(

400exnac
03-28-2006, 03:06 PM
Dune Land (DAR) is right next door to the sand dunes. They will have tires and rims there. Not sure if they will have the ones you want but there will be some to choose from.

SHARPMACHINE
03-29-2006, 07:21 AM
SWEET its dune season. This is the first great thing I have heard about since snowmobiling season finished up. I hope to be on the dunes more this year than last!

ps = I just bought a 2006 so is anyone looking for a 2004 rev? See my sig.

beefy
03-29-2006, 08:11 AM
Hey all, Chad Coker at Appletree (right across from the dune entrance), asked me to let everyone know he's gonna be open at 8:00 a.m. if anybody needs a last minute dune flag or buggy stuff. I'm helping them out with a CNC mach. and he offered to help any of us that might need help with anything, such as welding.

As for the weather, this is Michigan and there are 3 days to go.....I'll believe the forecast when I'm waiting in line to get in the dunes.

I can't freakin' wait!!!!!!!!!!!

beany
03-30-2006, 05:22 PM
Well as of today both of my riding partners have backed out on me:confused: excuses, excuses I guess. So now I'm not sure if I'm going this weekend. Sucks to be me?? But If you see a White Cherokee with a black '06 450r with black front wheels and polished rears with sandstars , and a yellow helmet with an orange visor introduce yourself if you want another guy to ride with.

beany
03-30-2006, 05:46 PM
So heres what I'll be riding my wheeler, jeep and my trailer behind. So if you see that combo out there, so by

300exQuadracer
04-02-2006, 07:46 PM
hey all, the dunes where nice this weekend, didnt talk to anybody from exriders that i know of but i was driving my 79 chevy 1 ton, orange with a big black bumper and a hook on the back , lines sucked on sat but we got right in this morning
i`ll get some pics after i download the cam