PDA

View Full Version : How is this Setup?

WhiteYFZ
01-28-2006, 11:23 AM
Hi,

I am going ot redo my yfz soon. I just want to know if these are all the parts, and stuff i need to race mx.

Walsh g33 +3 a arms
lonestar axel
front brake lines
steering stabilizer
pep front and rear shocks

^^ thats the stuff i dont have yet.

I have all the little stuff like
NMotion exhaust
Jet kit
air filter
hopefully ill be able to do the cam mod myself
JRD bumper/ graphic kit
ac rear grab bar/ number plate
baja wheels all around with mx holeshots
( I plan on getting some hipers in April, after i get all my suspension and stuff)
Ac pro peg nerfs
Burguard +1 steering stem
Tag bars

I KNOW THE STOCK SWINGARM SUCKS, But ill get a new 1 when it cracks.

Thanks guys

NacsMXer
01-28-2006, 11:29 AM
That list looks pretty solid for a MX setup. I agree with you on the swinger, don't replace it until it breaks on ya. I broke my stocker on my 400, then was going to replace with aftermarket, but found another stock swinger for $80, couldn't pass it up lol. I'm still running that same stocker for MX so you should be fine for a while.

MXracer16
01-28-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by tjespo22
Hi,

I am going ot redo my yfz soon. I just want to know if these are all the parts, and stuff i need to race mx.

Walsh g33 +3 a arms
lonestar axel
front brake lines
steering stabilizer
pep front and rear shocks

^^ thats the stuff i dont have yet.

I have all the little stuff like
NMotion exhaust
Jet kit
air filter
hopefully ill be able to do the cam mod myself
JRD bumper/ graphic kit
ac rear grab bar/ number plate
baja wheels all around with mx holeshots
( I plan on getting some hipers in April, after i get all my suspension and stuff)
Ac pro peg nerfs
Burguard +1 steering stem
Tag bars

I KNOW THE STOCK SWINGARM SUCKS, But ill get a new 1 when it cracks.

Thanks guys

Thats quite a bit of money to spend. $4000-5000. If I were you Id go a little bit cheaper, unless you plan on racing pro. Since your a kid, where do you plan on getting all this money?

WhiteYFZ
01-28-2006, 11:50 AM
I have about 2000, and my dad is paying the rest. NO IM NOT RICH, if i was, id have a 06 fully modded already. My dad said when he gets his incometax, hees gonna help me out.. thanks guys

JRP
01-28-2006, 11:57 AM
damn thats a nice setup man.. i wish i had that type of money.. lol... i would love to have a walsh/pep setup or a wals/axis setup.

WhiteYFZ
01-28-2006, 12:23 PM
thanks.

FourFiftyFour
01-28-2006, 01:26 PM
your dad is a cool guy to do that

TheFontMaster
01-28-2006, 01:33 PM
The only other thing you would need is a teather kill switch. Other than that you have quite the set up. I know alot of the pros are running stock swingarms, and they get away fine with running them.

TheFontMaster
01-28-2006, 01:34 PM
O and what district do you plan on racing? I'm going to be racing D3 this summer.

WhiteYFZ
01-28-2006, 01:46 PM
I have a teather kill switch. i just forgot to say that..
"Your dad is pretty cool to do that"
thanks

I plan on racing local. i live in ny, but a e town in new jersey, there is a couple a races every year. i plan on raing in them. if i really like it, then i think i will really start raing mx alot.. but im 13 ...is there a way i can race on a yfz? na right? cuz u need to be 16 i think?
and if i was to race, were would i? any places in jersey? or close to Staten island NY? the longest my dad would drive me is like 2 hours and 15 minutes
thanks for hte reply's guys
ttyl

161xchonda
01-28-2006, 01:54 PM
you will probably have a hard time finding somewhere to race if you have a 450 and are only 13. i know for a fact you will not be able to race any ama sanctioned races being that young. sounds like a good set up though. the only way you would be able to race a 450 is at an outlaw track. but they will probably still not let you race. you do have to be atleast 16 to race a 450 at ama sanctioned races.