PDA

View Full Version : The new suzuki 450

wanna_be_ridn
01-28-2006, 05:57 AM
well i was at my dealer getting some parts and i seen this sitting outside. I dont know if these are out yet or what but i figured i would snap a few quick pics and post em for yall to see what we will be up against soon, but still 450r will tear it up ;)
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/sik450r/lt4503.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/sik450r/lt4502.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/sik450r/lt4501.jpg

Jersey450R
01-28-2006, 06:20 AM
how did the suspension feel??!!

wanna_be_ridn
01-28-2006, 06:22 AM
front felt good for stock, and the rear had no rebound what so ever, i dont know if maybe it just needed to be adjusted or what but the rebound was horrible.

01-28-2006, 06:49 AM
Cool thanks for sharing.

Jersey450R
01-28-2006, 08:43 AM
That swingarm is sick though :devil:

The rebound probably just had to be turned up. I really like that quad. Its grown on me.

01-28-2006, 08:56 AM
i jus wish they made 1 that was narrower for xc racing, instead of 50'' wide...buying the bike, then axle and a-arms makes it not worth it to me when i could be spending money on suspension or such on another bike

i do LOVE how it looks though, looks totally bad! im hoping it has more of the stance of a 450r instead of the yfz, where you feel like your actually sitting in the right spot, instead of ontop of the bike

JIMTED79
01-28-2006, 08:58 AM
Its all right for a suzuki, you don't have a picture of It but in dirtwheels it looks like the battery is in front of the motor on the left side. What were they thinking with that, the only thing I can think of is center of gravity:confused: :confused: :confused:

LuckyOxygen
01-28-2006, 09:46 AM
Did u see anyone ride it? I wonder hwo the power was?

wanna_be_ridn
01-28-2006, 09:58 AM
nah it was pretty much off limits, i jumped on it so see how it felt and the sales dude got me bout sitting on it....

400exrider0004
01-28-2006, 10:26 AM
i believe there available now because my friend got one. Ill try to get to ride it or get him to join the site.

later

2MuchChi450R
01-28-2006, 12:50 PM
Is it just me, or does the swingarm look like it doesn't have a full weld on the caliper side? :huh I like the look of the center mount exhaust, sport bike inspired, kinda nice. I just wonder how it will look without the headlight, removable? Man, that's a tiny little front bumper :D

john.E.business
01-28-2006, 01:01 PM
i love my R but that is a bad a** bike... maybe my next one lol

hsr
01-28-2006, 01:13 PM
The stock swinger practically looks like an aftermarket...i wonder how the stock stuff is gonna hold up? I also noticed that the rear fender right above the exhaust has 2 small elevated 'ribs' in it sort of like the rmz450 bike's rear fender. I wonder if suzuki is trying to develop their own look, or i almost thought they they may be trying to direct water away from the airbox??? Looks pretty neat nonetheless.

jwick07
01-28-2006, 01:22 PM
That seat is soooo narrow just doesnt look comfy to me at all. Looks like that yfz seat with a fatter back section, and that you sit right up on the gas tank.

and that swinger doesn't look to be solid welded together.

ThumPIN_450R
01-28-2006, 01:51 PM
I love the way that thing looks and it will be my next quad. For a motocrosser 50" wide off the show room floor is a hard thing to pass up. Put on some shocks and stronger tie rods just for some additional comfort and I'm set. Suzuki hit the nail on the head for us MX racers this time. As for you XC guys whining about needing to put a-arm and axle on you can go cry me a river motocrossers have been doing it for a long time now and that was never a reason for us not to buy something ( before you guys start writing hate responses back I was only kidding and I know that the TRX and YFZ being narrower are a better choice for you because of the width issue but I couldn't resist saying that). I will be keeping my honda for worcs races and such but I think my new primary bike will be the LT-R as soon as I can get it. That is unless I can pick up a hold over 05 honda for 4500 or less.

01-28-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by 2MuchChi450R
Is it just me, or does the swingarm look like it doesn't have a full weld on the caliper side?

I believe the weld you are talkin about is actually a reinforcing strap on top of the original weld. Looks stout to me, should be a lot better than aluminum for MX.

2MuchChi450R
01-28-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by ACEOUTDOOR
I believe the weld you are talkin about is actually a reinforcing strap on top of the original weld. Looks stout to me, should be a lot better than aluminum for MX.

I dunno if we're looking in the same spot, I'm looking at the little black rectangular holes closest to the carrier. JWick looks like he's in the same area though.

Anyone else notice that every manufacturer is starting to go to a Honda-style chain adjuster? :devil:

honda350r
01-28-2006, 03:30 PM
Sadzuki = Lame

01-28-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by ThumPIN_450R
As for you XC guys whining about needing to put a-arm and axle on you can go cry me a river motocrossers have been doing it for a long time now and that was never a reason for us not to buy something ( before you guys start writing hate responses back I was only kidding and I know that the TRX and YFZ being narrower are a better choice for you because of the width issue but I couldn't resist saying that). I will be keeping my honda for worcs races and such but I think my new primary bike will be the LT-R as soon as I can get it. That is unless I can pick up a hold over 05 honda for 4500 or less.

glad you said just kidding...:devil: lol :p

ThumPIN_450R
01-28-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Yurik Norton
glad you said just kidding...:devil: lol :p

That was actually for you I knew all hell was gonna break loose if I didn't put the disclaimer on it :D

One_Bad_400
01-28-2006, 09:01 PM
in the last pic???? have you already flipped it??? lol.... handle bars look a little bent

400excracer
01-28-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by ThumPIN_450R
I love the way that thing looks and it will be my next quad. For a motocrosser 50" wide off the show room floor is a hard thing to pass up. Put on some shocks and stronger tie rods just for some additional comfort and I'm set. Suzuki hit the nail on the head for us MX racers this time. As for you XC guys whining about needing to put a-arm and axle on you can go cry me a river motocrossers have been doing it for a long time now and that was never a reason for us not to buy something ( before you guys start writing hate responses back I was only kidding and I know that the TRX and YFZ being narrower are a better choice for you because of the width issue but I couldn't resist saying that). I will be keeping my honda for worcs races and such but I think my new primary bike will be the LT-R as soon as I can get it. That is unless I can pick up a hold over 05 honda for 4500 or less.

Even though I'm a XC guy I'm glad to see the MX crowd get something. With that said, I dont think that it makes much business sence to make an MX only quad. The 450R can be used in many types of riding/racing right out of the box. I dont think you will see too many LTR's out on the trails. Cannondale tried building purpose built quads an look how that turned out. Nice to see Suzuki getting in the mix though.

01-28-2006, 10:32 PM
maybe ill run down to the dealer and see if they got any up here in nj, cus id love to see one in the flesh. ill ask them if i can ride it:devil:

400exMO
01-28-2006, 10:42 PM
I like the look of the bike, but **** those heelguards are HUGE! Aftermarket nerfs with heelgaurds will be a must! I'd have to get standard nerfs on that thing, i'd fall through so easily,

ThumPIN_450R
01-29-2006, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by 400excracer
Even though I'm a XC guy I'm glad to see the MX crowd get something. With that said, I dont think that it makes much business sence to make an MX only quad. The 450R can be used in many types of riding/racing right out of the box. I dont think you will see too many LTR's out on the trails. Cannondale tried building purpose built quads an look how that turned out. Nice to see Suzuki getting in the mix though.

The part with the LTR's out on the trails is just dependent on where you live in the great states of ours. Over here on the west coast there aren't many tight tree lined trails to worry about so the 50" wide quad is no problem. I think the quad is what the sport needed if you look at MX bikes ever company makes strictly MX bikes with not much complaints from the people. I think in a few years this will be the industry norm allong with xc quads as well. There is only two types of mx riders I can see not getting this machine #1 is the guy that is gonna get one next year because a first year model with EFI is something he will need too wait and look at. #2 is what I used to be the most brand loyal of the brand loyal (typically honda riders in most cases) who will trade the trusty steeds off for only another machine of the same brand. I understand where you XC guys are coming from with having to buy the a-arms and such just to compete though. I was doing the same exact thing two years ago.

buddah
01-29-2006, 08:46 AM
Glad to see they're arriving. Hopefully I'll get mine in less than two weeks.

To me, it has more to offer than Honda or Yamaha. Wider arms, axle, steel swingarm, and FI. I'll take an FI machine over a carb version anyday. Not long before others follow. I expect Yamaha to offer FI next year on the YFZ. Who knows with Honda. Theye're alway's dragging behind with new development. Even though i own one:D

CdaleXtreme
01-29-2006, 07:40 PM
If they are in the states, and they came across the pond from Japan to Cali, that means.....if the west got them then say the 27th....it should be another 5 days till we get them on the east coast. So maybe the end of the week!

Racing Rice
01-30-2006, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by buddah
Glad to see they're arriving. Hopefully I'll get mine in less than two weeks.

To me, it has more to offer than Honda or Yamaha. Wider arms, axle, steel swingarm, and FI. I'll take an FI machine over a carb version anyday. Not long before others follow. I expect Yamaha to offer FI next year on the YFZ. Who knows with Honda. Theye're alway's dragging behind with new development. Even though i own one:D

I'm with you on FI bikes. After owning carbed and FI motorcycles, I'll take FI any day!

Maybe they will upgrade the LTZ400 and make XC ready 450 for trails (probably with reverse) and keep the LT-R450 for MX. Who knows.

I couldn't imagine trying to squeeze that thing around the trails here. I have a hard enough time getting the Raptor in and out of spots. If I bought one it would be mostly open fields and MX ridden, and keep the Raptor for tight trails.

buddah
01-30-2006, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by CdaleXtreme
If they are in the states, and they came across the pond from Japan to Cali, that means.....if the west got them then say the 27th....it should be another 5 days till we get them on the east coast. So maybe the end of the week!

That would be the ticket ;)

400ex45
01-30-2006, 09:02 AM
well i went to the motorcycle show in cleveland this past weekend and they had a 2 of them there on show where you could sit on it and i have to admit that it fells nice to sit on it. alot better the the yamaha in my opinion but i am a xc guy so i will stick with my 450r but if i raced only mx that would be the quad and the battery is in the left front of the motor.

MXRACER86
01-30-2006, 12:03 PM
Did anyone notice the metal braces on the back of the heel gaurds? They didn't have them before! Did they?

CdaleXtreme
01-30-2006, 04:58 PM
yes they had them, they were just painted black! Stupid for them to paint them silver if you ask me.