PDA

View Full Version : Our house is on fire!!!!!

Dan_Guetter
01-28-2006, 05:21 AM
Hahaha not really.....its roughly 4:00am and im sitting up working on some things, so i figured, i'll do some laundry...throw in a few loads in the dryer....next thing i know i hear this rumble...house starts shaking and 3 huge arse fire trucks roll up to our street......not knowing whats going on, i go outside to look whats going on....neighbors house might be on fire or something...they come running up to me...asking me where the fire is at.....im like theres no fire here....you must be smoking crack......i guess the neighbors called in...said our house was burning down or something......it was just the dryer vent extracting heat....so anyways....ends up they heard were the atv freestyle guys....and started a conversation about what we do while the whole neighborhood is looking out our windows to see what was going on.....pretty wild.....

XCAdam89
01-28-2006, 05:48 AM
Yeah, neighbors freak out sometimes...There is this one lady who lives behind me, and we had some people over and had a bonfire, and she thought our house was burning down until we went over and told her everything was fine. As if all the people and the smell of steaks didn't give it away....

popo
01-28-2006, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
.....tax dollars hard at work:rolleyes:

Compared to not showing up at all or late preventing your house from burning down.

Maybe you need to keep your tax dollars and go with out. :mad:

Dan_Guetter
01-28-2006, 06:06 AM
maybe i worded it wrong, but all im saying is why 3 trucks? All i wanted to do is wash my trousers:( is that a crime popo

popo
01-28-2006, 06:30 AM
maybe i worded it wrong, but all im saying is why 3 trucks? All i wanted to do is wash my trousers:( is that a crime popo

No idea.

I'm not a Fireman or can quote how many fire trucks it takes to put the flame out in your drawers.

FreekShow
01-28-2006, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by popo
No idea.

I'm not a Fireman or can quote how many fire trucks it takes to put the flame out in your drawers.

:eek: lmao

Pappy
01-28-2006, 07:33 AM
its a damned if you do damned if you dont situation. dispatch pulls a station for an invesigation of smoke coming from the rear of a house at 4 am, if ya send 1 truck and you have a working fire, 1 engine and crew may not be able to put a knock on it, much less have backup if things go wrong.

DVS_Freestyler
01-28-2006, 10:09 AM
how the hell did i sleep threw this? i was on the couch all night!!!! angry.... :devil:

BlazingYamahaYz
01-28-2006, 12:31 PM
Is it a full time or volunteer department? I work on a Paid on call basis, which is basically volunteer. It usually depends on the time of day and what the nature of the call is, but we usually have at least two engines(one from each station) and an ambulance(from station 1) respond. And you would be suprised how many calls for a "reported structure fire...caller can see smoke coming from the house, the house is behind the caller and three blocks this way"...so basically someone sees smoke and freaks out.:rolleyes: But you never know when that smoke investigation will be a working strucutre fire. At least your house wasn't on fire....this time:eek2: :p

Ralph
01-28-2006, 01:52 PM
Popo, i understand you are a cop and are proud of the services you provide to the public and you should be.

But, Not everyone is always attacking Firefighters / Police. Im friends with alot of firefighters and they love to go on calls. they send everyone they have for everylittle play kitchen smoking.

Anyways, popo does have a point cause ive had a situation where my friends house was on fire and they took over an hour to come. (The firehouse is 5 minutes away). The house ended up buring down and they lost everything (got it all back and then some though...) So if i was you id be satisfied to know that they respond so quickly at 4 am.

SRH
01-28-2006, 02:50 PM

firemen much like police get all excited and serious about this stuff, gives them a boner i guess, gives them something to do

Ralph
01-28-2006, 03:06 PM
We were offroading last night on a pipeline and i guess someone called it in. 3 cruisers came cruising to the exit where you get back on the streets.

Turns out the guy was cool and let us go but i was laughing how they sent 3 cars.

Also one time the cops were looking for me and a group of friends for "Trying to break into burgerking" (it was closed and we knocked on the door). anyways they found us at the mcdonalds :blah: and there were like 4 of em and they literaly pulled us out of our cars in the drive through. Once again were not trouble makers nor did we do anything so they let us off again without being too big of d*cks.

Gotta love it

Rip_Tear
01-28-2006, 03:25 PM
Thats crazy, lol. We have a switch that puts the hot air from the dryer back in the house for the winter, then we switch to to outside for the summer...

HtFoxChick
01-28-2006, 03:45 PM
Who's responsible to pay? :grr: Dan....I bet your screwed!:mad:

Mxjunkie
01-28-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by DVS_Freestyler
how the hell did i sleep threw this? i was on the couch all night!!!! angry.... :devil:

:bandit:

:uhoh:

JOEX
01-28-2006, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by SRH
firemen much like police get all excited and serious about this stuff, gives them a boner i guess, gives them something to do
Yea, some people take their jobs seriously:o

SRH
01-29-2006, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Yea, some people take their jobs seriously:o

there just all wanna be heros looking for an oppurtunity to get an award or be in the newspaper, but what can i say there useful

Ralph
01-29-2006, 04:14 PM
most cops ive ever talked to around here 1 on 1 on a friendly basis are all in it for the money and the power. they say it right out. There is no real crime around here. All it is is pulling people over and busting a few highschool kids dealing drugs. Nothing dangerous.

They make so much money around here too. Its crazy. As for the firefighters they dont see it as risking their lives. They just like doing it. Just like we like racing. I dont think they should recieve a special award cause most of them seem like they do it for a hobby not because they save peoples stuff.

Ive heard them say several times things like "Oh god wont somebody please burn their house down." or after my friends house burnt down it was the time of their life. They still talk about it like it was a concert.

HtFoxChick
01-29-2006, 07:12 PM
Ok, ok.......who should be liable for this bill????? I would be so pissed to have to pay for this!!:grr: I'm guessing they will have to pay!:(

Ralph
01-29-2006, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by HtFoxChick
Ok, ok.......who should be liable for this bill????? I would be so pissed to have to pay for this!!:grr: I'm guessing they will have to pay!:(

around here you dont have to pay anything as far as i know... prob diff by you

JOEX
01-29-2006, 07:21 PM
Everybody pays for it, with taxes.

400exrules
01-29-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by SRH
there just all wanna be heros looking for an oppurtunity to get an award or be in the newspaper, but what can i say there useful

mmm to some people, when lives are at stake, things get serious......

JUSTINcredible
01-29-2006, 09:48 PM
5 years ago our house started on fire. it took 4 fire depts and 4 hours to get it completly put out. it was one of the hottest days of the year. firemen were coming outside and passing out left and right, a few were hauled to the hospital. everything we had was pretty much lost, but we rebuilt in the same spot. we lived in the best western suite for 2 months then in an apartment for a few more months.

ballisticpb
01-30-2006, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by HtFoxChick

the only time you would be liable for the cost is if it was intentional.. in a case like this... any thing can happen from it just being steam to a full working structure.. in this case it would be taken care of by day to day taxes that get paid. now if you called them for something in knowing it was fake, this is where you could get in trouble... if you pull a fire alarm and there is no need, you can be held for the cost. but if you pulled it for a THOUGHT that there could be an emergency then you will not be charged... its a weird how they decide one way or another.

4punksdad
01-30-2006, 10:25 AM
the title had me scared there for a minute.:eek2:

wilkin250r
01-30-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
the title had me scared there for a minute.:eek2:

One tragedy at a time, please.

born-to-race
01-30-2006, 02:53 PM
Youd be surprised how long it takes and how much water is needed to put out a house fire when it gets going.

My sister is a type 1 diabetic and she had a seizure during the night (a long time ago). An ambulance, firetruck, 2 police squad cars and a few members of the volunteer fire department all responded to the call :eek2: This may seem like overkill but its for your safety. I live in a small town too so there arent very many emergancies

4punksdad
01-30-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
One tragedy at a time, please.

you reading my mind?:D