PDA

View Full Version : Houser A-arms PC...

bpimpdaddy21
01-27-2006, 09:44 PM
Pappy,

I will be getting some houser A-arms in the next couple of weeks, and I was wondering how much it would be for you to the PC them. I beleive they come pc'ed from houser, but I want them stealth black.

Is there anyway to salvage the houser logo on the arm, or is that going to be gone once you PC them?

Also, I am getting them from Nac's racing, would it be ok if I had them shipped directly to you? Thanks again!

Pappy
01-28-2006, 07:51 AM
since you and your brother have sent me so much work, id do them for $35 for the set + $10 s/h

nacs can send them directly here, no problem.

the logo, well from what i can see houser is pc'n the arms, applying a thin sticker then using clear laquer over the pc. i dont shoot liquid clear and I dont think it would lay down smooth over the stealth.

Houser seems to have made a change from when they were using all pc with a pc'd logo. in any event, ive been getting alot of questions as to why his pc is not holding up and i need to call him about it. everyone can have issues at times, and his stuff usually is awesome so he may be unaware of problems.

bpimpdaddy21
01-28-2006, 04:11 PM
Awesome, that is a sweet deal. When they come in Nac's is supposed to call me so I will get into contact with you about them being shipped there. If not it is only an extra day.

The reason I want them PC'ed is the stealth black is just a sweet color, it will match my swinger, and cause the gloss black arms are on 2-3 month backorder! I will keep you updated, as I should have the red ones I ordered in about a week or two along with my elka piggybacks!

Also, I am trying to get my brother to get his swingarm powdercoated also. He just got the same houser red a-arms I am getting, and I told him he should get his swinger done in the same color. Do you know what this color is, and could you match it good? I think it is just a standard gloss red. Let me know about the match and a price on that too! Thanks again!

Pappy
01-28-2006, 05:48 PM
im pretty sure i know what is close to housers red.

a swing arm, stock would be $35 for you guys +s/h

thump4863
01-29-2006, 05:51 PM
Pappy,

Do you know anything I can do to my houser arms to help the pc from chipping? I just got mine and went for the first ride today. And they are already chipped up. It was a rocky course but not that bad. Mainly my upper arms. Is pc supposed to chip that easy or is it just Houser? I've never had anything pc so its all new to me. Thanks.

Pappy
01-29-2006, 06:03 PM
i sent John a pm informing him of what i have been seeing here with regards to thier pc. its either prep, undercure or a combo of both. like i said, it can ahppen to anyone, and houser seems good about standing behind thier products so my suggestion would be to call and fill them in.

lower arms and the front of the upper can get damaged from roost, and ofcourse the lowers can get really tore up from scraping rocks etc, but upper arm damage is usually minimal. i have had MX riders send me parts and thier arms look like someone tried to sandblasst them with BB's:p

bpimpdaddy21
01-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Pappy,

My brother is sending his swingarm out to you tomorrow to be PC'ed the same Houser red that is on the A-arms. You should have gotten an email.

I need to get into contact with Nac's, should be about two weeks before you see my A-arms, like I said, ill keep you updated.

Thanks again!

Pappy
01-29-2006, 08:17 PM
no prob on your bro's swing arm, ill be looking for it. keep me posted on the arms

RIDER136
01-30-2006, 03:26 AM
pappy im roboots21s brother and im sending my swinger out to you today to be pc houser red and i will be sending you the money by paypal some time today thanx again and we will be sending pics of both machines soon .also i could not get the bearings out and was wondering if you can thanx again

Pappy
01-30-2006, 06:28 AM
no prob on the bearings

catfishing
01-30-2006, 06:53 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bpimpdaddy21
[B]Pappy,

Is there anyway to salvage the houser logo on the arm, or is that going to be gone once you PC them?

Why salvage logo? Pappy you need to add your own logo.

/////PC BY PAPPY\\\\\\\ // PAPPY'S PC \\

Some one give pappy a logo to add!! LOL

Pappy
01-30-2006, 07:03 AM
coating the logo is really no big deal, problem is houser will not release the logo. thats cool, everyone is trying to be a leg up over thier competition. what i dont understand is that folks want to support houser so why not release it to a few approved locations that can do the parts justice.

i prefer a sticker that can be replaced when needed, they are also good at helping cover those times when you and mr. rock meet:p

RIDER136
01-31-2006, 07:54 PM
pappy i just sent you the money threw paypal for pcing my swingarm . thanx again cant wait to see it. if it is anything like the frame than it will look awesome. keep up the good work and thanks again .

RIDER136
01-31-2006, 07:57 PM
if you get a message from fast400ex that is me also. my brother helped me with the paypal and accidently used my screen name from another web site , soory for any confusion.

Pappy
01-31-2006, 07:58 PM
no prob at all. i usually look at the address and figure out who is who

Pappy
02-01-2006, 01:52 PM
swing arm arrived today

RIDER136
02-01-2006, 03:44 PM
COOL KEEP ME POSTED THANX

bpimpdaddy21
02-03-2006, 07:40 AM
Pappy,

I am going to call and find out about my a-arms today (whether they are in yet or not), I'll keep you posted on that.

Did you get the swingarm coated for my brother yet? I would like to see a pic if you did!

And you wouldn't happen to have gotten some of those red and black Rossier stickers in that you could throw in with the swingarm when you ship it back could you????

:D

Thanks!

Pappy
02-03-2006, 08:36 AM
his swing arm is warming up now and will be done shortly.

i will throw in some stickers, i know i have some around here somewhere:p

bpimpdaddy21
02-03-2006, 10:22 AM
Awesome, post them pics when you can! Can't wait to see them, although I know it is already going to look good.

Thanks!

Pappy
02-03-2006, 02:11 PM
i have to finish cleaning it up and reinstall the bearins and she is done

RIDER136
02-03-2006, 03:48 PM
looks awesome pappy, thanx again you amaze me with the powder coating :D :D

Pappy
02-03-2006, 03:51 PM
its ok, and will be ok when installed. i had nothing but issues today, i kinda thought it was friday the 13th for awhile:p

bpimpdaddy21
02-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Can't wait to see it Pappy......

Anyway, I had an idea for my A-arms. I was thinking instead of just stealth black, what do you think about doing the lowers in stealth black, and doing the uppers in red vein? Is that red vein as dark as the sparkle red? I really think the the stealth on the bottom and the vein on top would kinda blend the frame to the arms better, and I think it would look sweet. Here is a recent pic so you could use your judgement and tell me what you think....

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/roboots21/IMG_0271.jpg

Pappy
02-04-2006, 09:47 PM
IMO the redvien would be darker...but id be willing to try it and if it didnt match id gladly redo them , we cant have that machine looking "off":p

bpimpdaddy21
02-05-2006, 05:48 AM
Yeah, after checking out the colors thread, I think it will look pretty good that way. I don't want the red vein to match the frame completely, almost want it to be like an in between to the red and black. Almost like a fade between the top and bottom a-arm. As long as the shade of red isn't like completely off (like it looks orange or something), I think the red vein uppers and stealth lowers would look killer. I was thinking the lowers in stealth because of the more abuse they will probably take. I just figured the vein uppers would set it off a little bit.

My credit card just got billed for the A-Arms, so I am going to call Nac's on Monday to check on them. Thanks Pappy!

EDIT: After checkin out the colors thread and seeing the YFZ that was redone in red vein, I see what you mean about how much darker it is. I was looking for something that was like a red vein that the red in it was the sparkle red almost, and they veiny part was like black as black. With looking at YFZ, I think I may just go with stealth on both, but I will let you know.

Pappy
02-05-2006, 08:14 AM
ok just let me know!

bpimpdaddy21
02-05-2006, 10:37 AM
Ok, new idea....

I am going to be using black shockwears on the front, so I was thinking, maybe sparkle red uppers, and stealth lowers.

What do you think?

That red vein is too dark for my liking.

So....

1.) upper and lower stealth black?
2.) upper sparkle red, lower stealth black?

I am going to see if I can photoshop something later, see if I can make something look like I want it....

Pappy
02-05-2006, 01:28 PM
honestly, toss a coin. the combos you mentions will all look good, but id say the lowers would be better served in stealth as it will hide the scuffs longer then the red will. the stealth lowers with red uppers would help tie in the graphics also.

cb450r
02-05-2006, 01:39 PM
I would go stealth with your lowers also.. Your swinger is black it would match your black(low) red (high) color scheme..

bpimpdaddy21
02-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Ok, I think I am going to go with sparkle red uppers and stealth black lowers. Just for kicks, I photoshopped the front end off of my brothers quad, and changed the color around. Here is what I came up with (it looks like gloss black cause I couldn't flatten out the color)

black and black:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/roboots21/blackarms.jpg

red and black:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/roboots21/redblackarms.jpg

It helped to see it like that, and I think the red and black will look killer IMO, what do you think after seeing this?

Sorry to keep bugging you like this, but your opinion is valued, and choices, choices.......

Thanks cb450r, your opinion is valued also!

Pappy
02-05-2006, 03:19 PM
haha you arent dragging me into what color is best:D seriously, what ever way you like it is the way i will do them! i think both ways will end up looking sweet

300ex_#387
02-05-2006, 03:35 PM
I like the Black on Black combo....but thats just my opinion. Just trying to help you out.

bpimpdaddy21
02-05-2006, 08:14 PM
OK, I made up my mind for sure. I am definately doing sparkle red uppers, and stealth black lowers. I am not going to change my mind again, thats that! Sorry to try and drag you into it Pappy, haha!

I should be seeing the arms here pretty quick I hope, as said many times, ill keep you updated!

Pappy
02-05-2006, 08:17 PM
no prob at all

and i threw 2 red rossier stickers in the box...so dont let your brother bogart them:devil:

bpimpdaddy21
02-06-2006, 05:36 AM
:D

Don't worry, he won't.....

Thanks Pappy!

bpimpdaddy21
02-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Pappy,

My a-arms came today, and they are packed and ready to go, and will be leaving here tomorrow. You should have them Thursday. Let me know when you get them.

Stealth Black Lowers and Sparkle Red Uppers. They are still in the plastic, but I cut the ends and took out the bushings of the pivots, so they are ready to go.

Also, could you PM me a tracking number for my brothers swingarm? Thanks!

Pappy
02-06-2006, 07:38 PM
i will be looking for them

bpimpdaddy21
02-08-2006, 10:28 AM
Arms should be there tomorrow.

Just out of curiosity, when do you think you will have the arms done by? I am antsy to get them back and put them back on already. Sorry! :p

Also, when you return the arms, can you ship them back to my brothers address where you sent the swingarm the other day? If you need the address again lemme know. Beleive it or not, my house is one mile from where my brothers stuff gets delivered, and being in a different zip code, it takes an extra day for stuff to get to my house than his via DHL. WEIRD!

Pappy
02-08-2006, 10:29 AM
no prob on the shipping

it should only be a day once i recieve the arms

Pappy
02-09-2006, 06:01 PM
recieved the arms today. they are now stripped and ready for pc. im going to try and knock them out tonight

bpimpdaddy21
02-09-2006, 06:12 PM
Awesome! Post pics of those bad boys if you get them all set.

Paypal sent!

Pappy
02-09-2006, 09:11 PM
arms are complete and will ship tomorrow to your bro's addy

Pappy
02-09-2006, 09:12 PM

Pappy
02-09-2006, 09:15 PM

Chino886
02-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

That is how I want mine Pappy! Looks sweet. maybe some white burgard stickers on mine though.

bpimpdaddy21
02-10-2006, 05:27 AM
WOW!!!! Looks awesome Pappy, can't wait to get them on the quad. I got my shocks the other day, tires and rims are on order, so I should have this thing back together soon (once I get my LSR axle that has been on backorder from Nac's for like 3 weeks)

Thanks again!

bpimpdaddy21
02-13-2006, 08:26 AM
Pappy, do you have a tracking number you can give me for the arms? If not thats ok cause they will probably be here today anyway, just seeing if you had it. Thanks!

bpimpdaddy21
02-13-2006, 12:41 PM
NM, they just arrived at my bro's shop. Thanks!

Pappy
02-13-2006, 12:50 PM
LOL...i just looked it up and it said delivered:p