PDA

View Full Version : Starting problum

tayz34
07-10-2002, 06:30 PM
I now you guys like quads and i do to i love my 400ex... but i got an old dirt bike i got for free. it doesent start. i dont see a kill switch. it is a kick starter. there is a spark when i kick it over. since there is a spark does that mean that the whole ignition is fine and dont need to worry about that being the problum why it isent starting or could it still be the problum with a wire touching the frame and grounding it out or somthing, or mabey there is some sort of kill switch on off. could it still spark if it was on off?? thanks for the help
Mac-t

honda400zx
07-10-2002, 06:58 PM
if it has spark its not an ignition prob (could be a broke flywheel key) mot likly u have a fuel system problem clean the carb real good air box, filter ect... also change the plug and put good gas in it if needed. also after you kick it is the plug wet or dry with fuel that will tell you if ur carb is working. good luck:D KICK STARTS A B*TCH so is pull start but not as bad

tayz34
07-11-2002, 10:41 AM
thanks for the reply. i looked at the plug and it is wet and black. i did all of the stuff like change the gas got new air filter that kinda stuff. i think im going to get new piston rings and then change the plug and see what happins. any more thoughts?? any suggestions will help. thanks
Mac-T