PDA

View Full Version : leager arms or lonestar

humblesquirel21
01-27-2006, 07:27 PM
i have elka double rate front shocks and maxis razar 2 fronts. I was wondering what the opinion was aobtu leager i have been settled on lonestar for a few years but today i came accross an add for leager went to their site and was impressed (alot by the long travel option for the 300)

ps does any one know if there is any way to make the standard lenght shocks i already have long enough for long travel (can i send them to elka and have them work on them and put in a longer shaft ..:: only thing i can think of ::..

humblesquirel21
01-30-2006, 06:37 PM
any ideas ???

ps i hope its not rude to bump yourself but im curious about the topic thanx for viewing)

Pappy
01-30-2006, 08:24 PM
id suggest calling laz at gt thunder or derisi to find out if they can modify your shock with a longer shaft. i believe in some cases it can be done.

leagers is like frosted flakes, they're great!

desertratt45
02-01-2006, 07:13 PM
we've been running leagers on our dezert bike for the past couple years and other then hitting a rock with one and bending it, they have been awsome.

300ex73
02-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Don't bother with trying to lengthen your current shocks. I talked to DeRisi about a rear shock for a project I'm working on. Lengthening the shock came into the convo, and he says you're better off to sell the shocks you currently have and buy a new set because he says he personally couldn't really justify the cost of having them lengthened over buying new shocks.

Also, another set of a-arms you should look into especially if you want LT for a 300 is HSD.

Or, Idk how much you're willing to spend, but I have a set of fairly new Burgards LT arms for the 300 for sale.

humblesquirel21
02-02-2006, 01:13 PM
how much does long travel really help

with the cost of shocks and the fact i already have the great ones that i do i think ill just get +1 or 2 arms

300ex73
02-02-2006, 05:12 PM
It makes for a really smooth working front end. Std travel fronts can be made to work really well too, but I myself like the idea of using a long travel front end.

I however, would recommend taking the time to find out what exactly long travel is for. It would really help you to make a decision on wether or not the cost of it is something worth doing.

CBSZ449
02-02-2006, 06:55 PM
laegears