PDA

View Full Version : oilcooler lines?

dunny_mark
01-27-2006, 12:17 PM
I just bought a oilcooler for 87' 250x-Anybody know if you should keep lines as short as possible or OK to run them alittle long ? Any ideas where the best place to mount is????????

dunny_mark
01-27-2006, 12:42 PM
Anybody? Anything?

bwamos
01-27-2006, 01:31 PM
I'd leave a little slack in it.. but you want to keep the top of the lines even with the top of the head. If you have them overly loose, and placed a ways above the head, the oil pump has to lift the oil an additional 6" that it doesn't need to. No reason to add any.

Just keep it loose enough that slight contact from debris on the oil lines won't pull it loose.

I like my lines to have an dip in it going into the head. Basicaly a ~ so that the oil will pool in it when the engine is off instead of running out into the head, leaving an air pocket in the line at startup.

Rip_Tear
01-27-2006, 03:37 PM
I'd say keep em short, but with enough slack, because your 250X isn't designed to have that extra pumping distance, so it will be harder on the pump. Just my thoughts.

rooster300ex
01-27-2006, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
I'd say keep em short, but with enough slack, because your 250X isn't designed to have that extra pumping distance, so it will be harder on the pump. Just my thoughts.

I've heard it has plenty of pumpage.