PDA

View Full Version : another whats it worth thread

Alberta_Qaudin
01-27-2006, 11:31 AM
k now before the bashing begins i know people dont like neuance speakers. i could give a damn weather you like em or not, and no they werent bought out of the back of a white van, they were bought at a store all recipts in and i didnt pay 5000 for any of it i payed in the area of $1500, canadian, do the math, about 900 american for 4, 4' T1 towers, one 2' long spacial center, and a harmon Karden AVR125 reciever. and some people will say there is no 123 only a 135, but yes there is a 125. all have not a scratch, in mint condition, so what do ya think they'de be worth.
and can we keep this half assed serious....i know thats a stretch

Scro
01-27-2006, 11:51 AM
Do you have pics of the receiver? I may be interested.

Alberta_Qaudin
01-27-2006, 12:45 PM
i will post pics of the whole system today or tomorrow.

MOFO
01-27-2006, 02:54 PM
I can tell you this much, whatever you paid is too much. Go do some research at the AVSForum - www.avsforum.com

They do not have a very good reputation... There is a reason why people sell them from the back of a white van. (I know you did not get yours there).

The receiver is not bad, but lacks alot when it comes to power. I would not try to power large speakers with it (only 45 watts per channel in surround mode). It would be a good match for the smaller, satellite style speakers with a separate self powered sub.

So what are they worth? Honestly to me, I would not buy them. Much better choices within the price range you paid.

BTW, this is more than half arsed serious...