PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Nascar Champ?????????

jwick07
01-27-2006, 06:36 AM
So the season is near, only a few more weeks until Dayonta Speed Week and then the Daytona 500. So who is going to win the 500 and then the championship?????

I think for the 500 you cant count out Jeff Gordon as much as it pains me to say that. He has already in his career won 4 of them 3 shy of tieing the record. And all the Hendrick cars have been on top of the speed charts at testing. So I'm going to say he will win again, but look for Tony he won the Pepsi 400 last July and now that he has won the Brickyard this is his next Crown Jewel race that he has to win.

I also think that with Tonys new focus and drive, personality, relationship with his team he will defend his championship this year. He has all the ability in the world behind the wheel and now that he has the mental part of the sport to go along with that he looks hard to beat. But dont get me wrong he has not gone soft, He deffanatly still has that killer edge to him that I used to hate because it would get the best of him, now that it is controlled better he is a complete driver.

BlasterRacer26
01-27-2006, 06:58 AM
Id have to say Tony Stewart to win the Daytona 500. He was def. the fastest car through most of the race last year and won the pepsi 400 so I believe he will do good in the 500 this year.

As for the championship I'm gonna go with Dale Earnhardt Jr. if him and Tony Eury Jr. get clicking like the used he will win the championship.

Since the rookie of the year battle looks to be a good one this year I figured I would pick. Im going to go with Martin Truex Jr., he was so good in Busch and I feel he will do the same in Cup.

I also am looking for Casey Mears to have a carreer year. With him in 42 and the way he was running at the end of last season I think this will def. be his best year yet.

jwick07
01-27-2006, 07:13 AM
A strong DEI fan I see. I agree on the Truex Jr. rookie of the year part and the Casey Mears, thats something I'm really looking forward too. With Dale Jr. winning the championship though I'm not sure. I think he will struggle to keep in the top 10. As much as I love Jr. I just think that the team has gotten too far behinde the curve to pull it all together this year. Kind of like RCR racing they fell behind and are still working to catch up not get ahead. DEI has had to many shake ups internally over the last few years to build a solid program. This year should be an improvement with the good communication between the JR's and that will help a ton. And when they bring Paul Menard (is he another JR??) up that team will be great.

BlasterRacer26
01-27-2006, 07:32 AM
Yeah I agree DEI def. has some problems right now and are in a rebuilding stage as is RCR but I dont know i just hope Jr. gets the championship. I agree, I cant wait for menard to come, he didnt impress me at first then the 2nd half of the season he was in the top 10 just about every race and really impressed me. I believe DEI has good things coming.

jwick07
01-27-2006, 07:38 AM
They might run well at Daytona because they both can draft well and they way they have worked together in the bush races at Daytona is crazy to watch.

baja_racer
01-27-2006, 08:09 AM
I have and always will be an Earnhardt Fan........Look for Jimmie Johnson to win it all this year.

jwick07
01-27-2006, 08:24 AM
Nice choice, he has been very close the last three years and they kept that team intact from the last year and with Kyle and Brian running strong also that whole team will be a good threat to all be in the top 10 this year.

mxdad
01-27-2006, 09:38 AM
Not that he is my favorite or anything but I think it may be Biffles year. Johnson will also compete for the cup. Jr will be lucky to make the chase :devil:

RaptorRacer45
01-27-2006, 09:57 AM
Kyle Petty all the Way this year man!!!!!....i dont care what the odds are, this is his Year:D

honduh440
01-27-2006, 09:58 AM
im rootin for jimmie johnson and elliot sadler

jwick07
01-27-2006, 10:06 AM
You had to say the Biff!? Man I hate that guy dont know why just dont like him... Wait its because he drives the evile empire of Roush. I'm hoping last year was a fluke but if not he will be in the chase as well along with Edwards. That young driver has some talent!! He is the only Roush driver I dont get upset to see win. Personally I would love it if Biff, Martin, Kenseth, McMurray never won another race in a Roush car. McMurray(am I spelling his name right??) I liked until this year now he is on the dark side. And I'll be glad to see Martin retire, he is the best driver to never win a championship but I dont think he will get it this year either.

My top 10

1. Tony again
2. Jimmy
3. Jeff
4. Edwards no sophomore slump for him
5. Newman
6. Bush, Kyle
7. Bush, Kurt
8. Biffle
9. Mears
10. Kane, Jr maybe, Kenseth maybe, McMurray maybe

That 10th spot is going to be the biggest battle

jwick07
01-27-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by RaptorRacer45
Kyle Petty all the Way this year man!!!!!....i dont care what the odds are, this is his Year:D

He put up some great numbers at Daytona testing too!!
It would be great to see both him and Bobby Labonte in the top 15 and even win a few races. Man that team needs to win sometime soon.

Bush0102
01-27-2006, 12:05 PM
Jeff Gordon's testing has been going pretty good from what i hear. Hopefully Hendrick's can give Roush a run for their money this year. Kyle Busch will make the chase, Brian Vickers is a sleeper just waiting for his first win, Jimmie will of course be a championship contender, and I really think Jeff Gordon will take the checkered at Daytona.

jwick07
01-27-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102
Jeff Gordon's testing has been going pretty good from what i hear. Hopefully Hendrick's can give Roush a run for their money this year. Kyle Busch will make the chase, Brian Vickers is a sleeper just waiting for his first win, Jimmie will of course be a championship contender, and I really think Jeff Gordon will take the checkered at Daytona.

I cant argue with any of that

Who will win the championship??

Bush0102
01-27-2006, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by jwick07
I cant argue with any of that

Who will win the championship??

My gut would be to say Tony Stewart, but you can count on another close race with Jimmie Johnson and at least 2 of the Roush Drivers.

Camaroguy87132
01-27-2006, 01:02 PM
alright most of you guys and everyone out there is saying jimmie johnson... but im not.. im going against everyone and saying BRIAN VICKERS, he will win daytona and will finish in the top 3 in the championship... o and btw im not a brian vickers fan i just know hes gonna do good, i actually want michael waltrip or elliot sadler to win:macho

jwick07
01-27-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Camaroguy87132
alright most of you guys and everyone out there is saying jimmie johnson... but im not.. im going against everyone and saying BRIAN VICKERS, he will win daytona and will finish in the top 3 in the championship... o and btw im not a brian vickers fan i just know hes gonna do good, i actually want michael waltrip or elliot sadler to win:macho

Dont see it happening quite yet. Yes he ran good at Daytona testing. But so did all the Hendrick cars and yet nobody is claiming Kyle Bush will win the Daytona 500. For Vickers he has yet to win a race but been close, i think his first win will be a Atlanta, or Lowes maybe Texas those three tracks are very similar and he runs good at them. I give him a top 15 at best this year. Just hasnt shown me enough to make me think Chase contender

RaptorRacer45
01-27-2006, 02:17 PM
He put up some great numbers at Daytona testing too!!
It would be great to see both him and Bobby Labonte in the top 15 and even win a few races. Man that team needs to win sometime soon.

I hear ya 100% there....Man id love 2 see the 45 Car win 1 this year!!!

jwick07
01-27-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by RaptorRacer45
I hear ya 100% there....Man id love 2 see the 45 Car win 1 this year!!!

My mom has been a Petty fan for awhile and every race is just like well is he in the top 20 at least today. You hardly even seen him on TV during the races this last year unless he was wrecking or getting lapped. He also seemed to struggle to qualify several times the last few seasons.

jwick07
01-27-2006, 02:32 PM
Man I cant wait for this season to start. I haven't been this excited for a NASCAR season for a long long time. Their have just been so many exciting off season changes this year that are really going to stir up new intrest. Between driver swithes, crew chief changes, new teams, new great class of rookies, sponsors, track improvements, and no real rule changes this year, the new Fart Fusion, new Monte Carlo nose and deck lid, one more year of experience with the Dodge Charger wow it should be fun. RCR and DEI claim to have worked hard to get back to the front and the damn Evil Empire Roush will be hard to beat with five strong cars every week.

Camaroguy87132
01-27-2006, 03:08 PM
My mom has been a Petty fan for awhile and every race is just like well is he in the top 20 at least today. You hardly even seen him on TV during the races this last year unless he was wrecking or getting lapped. He also seemed to struggle to qualify several times the last few seasons. you cant like nascar and not like petty, petty is one of the best drivers out there... he might not win 10 races a season but he is a winner with the victory junction gang, and all the charity he does..

jwick07
01-27-2006, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Camaroguy87132
you cant like nascar and not like petty, petty is one of the best drivers out there... he might not win 10 races a season but he is a winner with the victory junction gang, and all the charity he does..

Dont say he is one of best drivers he is not, but yes he is one of the greatest people in the NASCAR world, nobody can disclaim that in any way. I love what he and Pettys' have done and are doing with the Victory Junction Gang.

Woodsrider
01-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Well if Tony the tiger feeds off of all the hatered from the other drivers, he'll be fat and happy this year. I had an opportunity to talk with MW, KK, and GB last thursday in Tacoma, and he is not a very well liked guy amongst all the other drivers. Michael Waltrip was a pretty funny guy, to listen to him talk about TS you'd think he would just as soon see him in the wall every race. Kasey Said Evernham has been working pretty hard to get more out of the Charger, and he is happy with the changes but the charger platform still needs a lot of work.So I dont expect to see much of an improvement from the Evernham team. Its a shame, I really like Kasey as a person, he is a really talented young driver, with a really good head on his shoulders.
As for GB, well I didnt really get to much out of him but I would expect to see him in the top five in points again.

trx400exxracer
01-27-2006, 03:59 PM
nascar sucks now they need real cars out there on the track

catfishing
01-27-2006, 04:38 PM
Well i am thinking Ryan Newman for the 2006 championship.May Carl Edwards for the Daytona winner.

moto04racing
01-27-2006, 04:52 PM
jr sucks
gordan sucks

kodak car = =D

dodgeram14jr
01-27-2006, 05:34 PM
Tony stewart all the way. Go 20

bulkdriverlp
01-27-2006, 06:32 PM
im a stewart/jr fan. i dont want to see hendricks win anything. i think jr will do better this year with eury, hope roush cars blow a few more motors. harvick needs to get goin and get his head out of his wifes crotch and win a race. labonte, ever since he has been a dink to tony he just plain sucks. i think carl edwards will finish top 5 in the chase. hope stewart does it again, GO 20

spdygonzalez450
01-28-2006, 01:53 AM
all i know is i cant wait for the new season, i am excitied and all i can say is i dont care who wins just as long as it is a chevy and not ford. haha but if i were to put money on someone i would like to say Gordon but he was having a hard time last year but this is a new year we will see. i do think that maybe stewart will take the daytona 500 haha... goo chevy that is all i have to say

jwick07
01-28-2006, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by 240BlasterRida
jr sucks
gordan sucks

kodak car = =D

:huh :huh :huh :huh :huh

you have no idea what your even talking about do you son

jwick07
01-28-2006, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
harvick needs to get goin and get his head out of his wifes crotch

I wouldn't mind sticking something in there she is pretty damn hot.:macho

Dan_Guetter
01-28-2006, 06:13 AM
Bring back the john deere car....if there is a JD car, then bring back Little....if Little is still racing, then i'll shut up....

I'd rather watch sprint cars

jwick07
01-28-2006, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
Bring back the john deere car....if there is a JD car, then bring back Little....if Little is still racing, then i'll shut up....

I'd rather watch sprint cars

Chad Little yeah he never won anything thats why he doesnt race any more. I would like to see the John Deere car again though fit right in with NASCAR

DaleJrFan
01-28-2006, 07:33 AM
With the chase rules, it makes it where anyone can win. I would love to see Jr,Stewart on Nueman, but all 10 have a chance so go ahead, make your predictions now, come September I will make mine.

The 500 is a jump ball. Sure Gordon and Jr are favorites but Daytona is more handling than speed. Harvick is due but it wouldn't shock me to see a no-name first time winner there. Personally I am pulling for Sterlin Marlin or Ken Shrader or Mark Martin.

I have been involed in Nascar for over 20yrs now and this is the one sport I will never bet on. Nothing is for sure on the track once the green flag drops.

jwick07
01-28-2006, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by DaleJrFan

I have been involed in Nascar for over 20yrs now and this is the one sport I will never bet on. Nothing is for sure on the track once the green flag drops.

Yeah I couldnt see how anyone would bet on a race. The only bet I would make is.......I bet it starts with a green *** and ends with a black and white one.

moto04racing
01-28-2006, 02:19 PM
:huh :huh :huh :huh :huh

you have no idea what your even talking about do you son

nope, i just no i like the kodak car

jwick07
01-28-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by 240BlasterRida
nope, i just no i like the kodak car

do you ever contribute anything useful in any thread.

there is no kodak car anymore.

FourFiftyFour
01-28-2006, 05:48 PM
do you ever contribute anything useful in any thread.

there is no kodak car anymore.

he actually used the term "beyond race ready" in another thread...... i had to sit back and laugh on that one. What are these quads supposed to be doing besides racing and recreational use??? Flying to the moon

Oh yeah jwick...i love the "HATER of STUPID" above your avatar :D i laugh at it everytime i see it

jwick07
01-28-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
he actually used the term "beyond race ready" in another thread...... i had to sit back and laugh on that one. What are these quads supposed to be doing besides racing and recreational use??? Flying to the moon

Oh yeah jwick...i love the "HATER of STUPID" above your avatar :D i laugh at it everytime i see it

"beyond race ready" wtf i want one what ever it is make my quad that way at no charge please.

Hey what round are you doing the 30sec board??(or what ever it was) Is that still on what an oportunity!!

FourFiftyFour
01-28-2006, 06:15 PM
"beyond race ready" wtf i want one what ever it is make my quad that way at no charge please.

Hey what round are you doing the 30sec board??(or what ever it was) Is that still on what an oportunity!!

houston or dallas....the pics of me were emailed to the supercross director I havent heard a reply back yet...but I think I still have a really big shot at being "it" I'll let everyone know if it happens! Im really excited about it :D