PDA

View Full Version : Team Industries "Firestick" Axle

Honda
01-27-2006, 12:15 AM
How are the Team Industries, Firestick axles?

I know they use a Forged Aluminum Hub, any issues with the splines wearing out?

Are they as strong as the factory steel hubs?

Also, do they use a steel insert on the sprocket hub to protect against wear from the bearing seal?

Any info would be great, I found a good deal on one, and might want to buy it.

quadjeff
01-27-2006, 07:27 AM
At first I was worried abouth the hubs. Now I have ridden this axel and hub set-up and it is great. I run the RPM Dominator II also. The firestick hubs do not come loose like the stock hubs on my RPM.. The only complaint I would have is the finish on the firestick.. It gets ugly after a month or so. Also I have a brand new RPM Dominator II for sale now that has never been used if you are interseted..

01-27-2006, 08:05 AM
you hit the nail on the head, the hubs are awesome i put mine through5 nationals and plenty of local races and practices the hubs DO NOT COME LOOSE ther awesome you jsut need to be sure to pack them with grease every once and awhile, the reason you need to use there hubs are because of the way that the splines are on the axle they are deeper and wider than the stock ones, the finish turns into like a brownish color but it looks kinda cool

Honda
01-28-2006, 01:42 AM
Anyone else?

Dave400ex
01-28-2006, 07:29 PM
I thought Santo used one at one point. I'm not real sure. I know Team Duncan uses them. They seem to be good.

You get your ArsFX stuff yet?

Honda
01-28-2006, 08:43 PM
You get your ArsFX stuff yet?

Not yet, but it will be shipped out soon.

I am going to post pics when I get everything.......very, very excited!

Parrella450
01-28-2006, 09:41 PM
before the start of the 05 season i bought a TEAM firestick axle with the hubs. Very happy with the fit and finish of it and all. However, the finish of the axle itself sucks. After 2 or 3 races the finish goes to like a yellow/rust crap. Me being one who polishes every little thing on my bike am not pleased with that at all. Also..i am a B level rider and i managed to put a slight bend or warp in mine as well, so i dont kno what kinda riding you do.

Quadjeff- how much are u lookin to get for that Domnator II?