PDA

View Full Version : new

thebigsd
01-26-2006, 10:04 PM
well im new to this whole racing thing i live in utah and would like to try and get into racing a little and was wondering if there is anybody that could maybe help me out a little i know of some friday night races out at desert peak complex but i would like to get into it a little more?

chaz#32
02-01-2006, 10:28 PM
hey i live in utah to (millard county)
i race the usra series they got a desert and motocross series.
the web site is: raceusra.com
so what do you ride?

jmccary
02-17-2006, 04:40 PM
Greetings gents,
I live in Tooele and am planning to get back into it after a 15 year hiatus. I went to the Friday night series at Deseret Peak a few times last fall (just watching) and it was pretty cool. I went to a few practice sessions during the week and the track was awesome. It's arena cross style so it is fairly short and technical. It felt safe and fast at the same time. The people that were racing on Friday nights were pretty laid back and not a lot of attitude to deal with. For the atv's they've got basically an A and B class. I only saw a few races and they usually ran them together unless there were a lot of A riders. If you can make it out to Tooele on Fridays, I highly recommend it.

If you guys know of any others, let me know. I want to get back into racing (desert or MX) again.

Have any of you guys ridden the Jordan River Track in SLC?

thebigsd
02-18-2006, 01:51 AM
i use to alot on my bike its about 4 blocks from my house its ok they will hardly ever let a four wheeler on the mx track if you get caught they kick you out but right now they are all closed cause they are building new tracks and stuff right now i always see them out there they had tons and tons of dirt brought in to i heard its suppost to be quite the track when they get finished if i find out anymore i will let you know

jmccary
02-18-2006, 09:36 AM
As long as the tax dollars that support the place are shared equally to build good tracks for the atv's, they almosts have to let us ride on the biggger track. If the quality for an atv track is given a back seat to the bikes, people will get upset.

It sounds like it will be really awesome when they are done sometime this spring.

Let me know when you see it open again. I haven't ridden it yet so I am looking forward to it.