PDA

View Full Version : 2005 KX 125 Problem need help!

justin_yfz450
01-26-2006, 09:18 PM
Hey! I just overahalled my friends KX 125 this is the first time its ever been re-ringed. I placed the rings rebuilt the bike it runs fine. Well it does act up, I mean it has compression/power etc but whenever you lay it to it in Low RPM's it cuts out spits and sputters like the powervalve isnt rightly in line (my first thought). It is killing plugs also. Perfect jetting and all so I know its not that. Any Suggestions guys?

justin_yfz450
01-26-2006, 09:20 PM
Wait one more thing. I also added VFORCE 3 Reeds and Rad valve. It has pro circuit full exhaust. I know its not jetted to lean because it seems like its getting to much gas. The oil/gas ratio is 32:1 also.

2muchquad
01-26-2006, 11:43 PM
its a 125 2 stroke,so theres not going to be any low end torque to speak of.if the power valve wasnt operating there wouldnt be any top end power.if your fouling plugs then i would look into your jetting.

KY Woods Rider
01-27-2006, 01:55 AM
It sounds like the reeds and reed valve could be the source of the trouble.

If it were mine, I'd do a complete re-assessment of the jetting, and not just the main jet either. Often, a reed or reed valve change will richen things up.

Or, it could just be that they're designed for top-end, and the result is poor low-end performance (not that any 125 is anything special in the low-end anyway).