PDA

View Full Version : Not Trying to Start ANYTHING, 450r or YFZ??

bad01300ex
01-26-2006, 08:22 PM
OOOOK, before EVERYBODY says, "search", "this is been asked 100.00000.000 times", or "Honda is reliable"

here me out, read my situation, and PLEASE do not start this thread full of yammi/honda battles

I just got rid of an 04 yfz, it was the first racing quad i have had and i liked it alot. The power was awsome, suspension was stock so i guess handling was good. I went to ride mx maybe 8 or 9 times, was gettin pretty comfty on it. Unfortunatlly the previous owner didnt really keep it up so i had some motor issues:mad: finally got rid of it

Now, im in the market for a new 450, and im starting to lean towards honda, because i will admit it does seem to be put together a little better than the yfz, BUT, i cant really bring myself to like how it looks and I have also sat on one and it feels pretty big, i cant really see myself jumpin it or anything.

I am about 130lbs/ and 5,9', I think that the yammi would be a better because im so small, but what do you guys think.

I am not die hard on either brand, i think they both have there ups and downs, and properly maitined they will be reliable. The yammi might need more attention to some things like the lighting issue subframe ect, but i dont mind.

Give me some imput on what you guys think.

trx400exxracer
01-26-2006, 08:25 PM
I would say by your size and the experiance you already have on I would get the YFZ

bad01300ex
01-26-2006, 08:27 PM
thanks for the reply,

btw i noticed your in GA, do you race anywhere?

trx400exxracer
01-26-2006, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by bad01300ex
thanks for the reply,

btw i noticed your in GA, do you race anywhere?

yeah I race at tripple"J" raceway, Highpoint (Perry) and Johnny Reb in Wadley:D

whats your name

ohh yeah dont go to capital cycle and get screwed

bad01300ex
01-26-2006, 08:31 PM
where is wadley:confused:

my name is Jonathan, ive only raced once at Calhoun supercross

trx400exxracer
01-26-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by bad01300ex
where is wadley:confused:

my name is Jonathan, ive only raced once at Calhoun supercross

out in the freakin middle of no where

when you are going to the Aonia pass GA gncc(Washington,Ga) there is a little town that you take a seperate town it is the opposite way than Washington in the middle of nowhere my brother know the exact directions

they are all woods racing and xc tracks

hopefully they are supposed to have some races this summer

here is the link

http://www.trailride-ga.com/

antman
01-26-2006, 08:38 PM
i know exactly what you mean ... i cant make up my mind either.

Out_Sider
01-26-2006, 08:52 PM
mmm Aonia Pass MX.. my favorite :D

ANYWAY, i am 5'9 145lbs and i feel absolutly in control on my 450r, but i must say it is a handful to keep it on all 4's during hard cornering, i'm small and i have to really lay off the side of the quad too keep control in the turns. I have rode yfz's and stock for stock.. hell yes i'd rather have the yamaha because of it's turning ability, but once you modify them to be lower and wider, it's all Honda for me.

Ex_Rider43
01-26-2006, 09:08 PM
NONE of these replies are right...

heres the real deal ,

How about you going out to the dealer and try and sit on each bike to feel which one suits you best ?

Is that too simple ? :p

trx400exxracer
01-26-2006, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Ex_Rider43
NONE of these replies are right...

heres the real deal ,

How about you going out to the dealer and try and sit on each bike to feel which one suits you best ?

Is that too simple ? :p

hmmm here is the real deal I read his post he said he was a smaller guy he had a yfz and like it but was kinda leaning towards the honda but he said he SAT on one and it felt big

so I said he would probably be better off getting the YFZ because he already has some experiance with one and it would probably fit him better:D

MXRACER86
01-26-2006, 10:34 PM
It's all personal prefrence, Im 5'4 and I think the yfz is really small and cramped! Im running a +2 stem with 1 inch lower pro pegs!!!

nowukno
01-27-2006, 12:00 AM
I also had a tuff decision between the two. I went with the 450R because i thought the seat was alot softer , i didn't like the stiff throttle on the YFZ and i had always had battery issues with my previous quads , so i wanted the kick start. I have never regretted my decision and love my quad but im sure i would be just as happy right now if i would have got the YFZ. What ever you decide im sure you will be very pleased either way. Both machines are awesome.

01-27-2006, 07:01 AM
I am a YFZ owner, I will admit. But here is a straight up comparison. http://********.com/machines/12hourshootout/12hourshootout-06.htm

I think it's pretty fair.

K_Fulk
01-27-2006, 12:05 PM
Its kinda hard to compare the 05's to the 06's for either one.

04-05's I liked the honda's better, felt more comfortable, softer seat, no electrical problems.

06-up I like the yfz's,They fixed all the above problems and made it even better all the way around. The only thing the honda has that I wish the yamaha had is the seperate engine and tranny oil.

BigAl
01-27-2006, 03:33 PM
I think the YFZ is a better RACE quad right out of the crate.

But the difference is small.

Which dealer do you like better?

good luck on keeping this thread civil. :)

redlineranger
01-27-2006, 06:15 PM
450r=taller rider

yfz450=short rider

hope this helps.... trust me im 6'0 goin on 6'1 and i feel like the jolly green giant on a yfz its just to small for me. granted its better than the honda in hard cornering, but you have to look at what you feel comfortable though. seein your size and weight i would get a yfz450, but like i was sayin im a lanky 6'0 155 pounds and i feel more comfortable on the 450r.