PDA

View Full Version : DynoJet Question for 300ex

texags
01-26-2006, 08:15 PM
I have a 2000 300ex. I'm installing a FMF Powercore IV exhaust on it and I'm also jetting the carb. What is the power difference by using the Stage I (w/ the airbox lid on) vs. Stage II (w/ the airbox lid off)? Also which air filter should I buy besides the stock air filter? Finally, what other low cost improvements could I buy to make the 300ex faster? Thx for the help in advance.

Deadly300
01-27-2006, 05:56 PM
I have a UNI air filter and so far it is awsome. As for more improvements get some different size sprockets and a rev box that should help. Also a high compression piston would help it out but might be pricey.

drifterx
01-27-2006, 06:06 PM
I don't know if its a huge difference, but since you got the jet kit, it's free horsepower!

Sjorge450R
01-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by texags
I have a 2000 300ex. I'm installing a FMF Powercore IV exhaust on it and I'm also jetting the carb. What is the power difference by using the Stage I (w/ the airbox lid on) vs. Stage II (w/ the airbox lid off)? Also which air filter should I buy besides the stock air filter? Finally, what other low cost improvements could I buy to make the 300ex faster? Thx for the help in advance.

if you are also in need of jet size, i have supertrapp pipe, K&N filter and a 11:1 Wiseco piston and as of now, I have a 116 main with eveything else adjusted to what dynojet suggests and it is right on the money. This is at sea level by the way.