PDA

View Full Version : HYBRIDS FINAL KINK! not using a filter?

redrider311
01-26-2006, 08:12 PM
hey theres only one more kink i need to worked out on my hybrid... my problem is that i am running a 168 main and a 45 pilot...and hte only way it runs with this jetting is without a filter and just panty hose.. so i need to know what kind of jetting i need to go to to be able to put even just a filter with an outerwear on there.... thanks guys! almost done!!
BTW it is a YZ 426 carb.. identical to the YFZ.. same jetting

thanks for any help guys :D

Chino886
01-26-2006, 08:17 PM
damn, you need to get that thing running.

What class are you racing this year......open I guess with a hybrid...

I will be racing D/C class MX...

Grain Valley is having practice this weekend 1/29, 11-4

ss440ex
01-26-2006, 10:42 PM
With that jetting you should be almost rite on!!!
Is your air filter restricting it that much?
And what type of filter?
Make sure it is clean.

There are no kinks in the carb to air filter boot is there?

redrider311
01-27-2006, 06:04 PM
right now i can only run it with a piece of panty hose over a piece of rubber radiator hosing.. i cannot get the hose over the frame without alot of bending of the hose.. so i will be doing that frame cutting that you emailed about... but right now am i just really lean? or do i need to wait until i get the new hose an everything in place and go from there?

CHINO-- i will not be able to race CAATV this year... ive been at physical theropy for the last 4 months because of 4 ruptured discs, narrowing spinal cord, and a dislodged vertebre in my back.....:(

ss440ex
01-27-2006, 06:19 PM
I would think you were rich.
And it should get worse with a kinked rad hose restricking the air even more.
Make sense?

Rip_Tear
01-27-2006, 06:20 PM
if you can try to unkink the air boot/hose and have the air filter on try that, if it still doesn't work I think you'll have to increase the air jet, or try something else.

Honda TRX250ex
01-27-2006, 06:32 PM
lets see some pics!

Chino886
01-27-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by redrider311

CHINO-- i will not be able to race CAATV this year... ive been at physical theropy for the last 4 months because of 4 ruptured discs, narrowing spinal cord, and a dislodged vertebre in my back.....:(

Sorry to hear about that Redrider311, hope you are alright. How did you hurt yourself?

I got some new mods for the 400EX.....

I forgot to add, I will break your hybrid in for ya....:devil:....free of charge too.

redrider311
01-27-2006, 09:16 PM
haha the only pics i have right now are the ones from fall when i finished it the 1st time... but heres one or two..... ill try to get some of the new tank from SS400 i love it! ;) and i re-finished the exhaust and put in some new oil lines and re-painted the frame.... heres kinda what it looks like now.. not much noticeable difference to how it is now...

redrider311
01-27-2006, 09:19 PM
hey chino... it had happened on a friday night this football season... i just tackled someone wrong and my vertebre just slipped out and then just caused alot of damage lol.. hey man give me a call tommorow and well get together sometime.. im just waitin on a drain plug and then itll be ready to go again....

later dave

mark

redrider311
01-27-2006, 09:23 PM
heres another one sittin still...

redrider311
01-27-2006, 09:29 PM
alright i had some track pictures from grindstone before it shut down but our little home network isnt cooperating tonight....lol so al im gonna notch the frame and then see if itll run that way.. if not we can go from there.. i still think that it might be too restrictive even with jsut a hose and filter... but well see.. :)

Chino886
01-27-2006, 09:38 PM
hey chino... it had happened on a friday night this football season... i just tackled someone wrong and my vertebre just slipped out and then just caused alot of damage lol.. hey man give me a call tommorow and well get together sometime.. im just waitin on a drain plug and then itll be ready to go again....

later dave

mark

I'll be ready to go next weekend....waiting on +3 a-arms....and a FCR carb...

Honda TRX250ex
01-28-2006, 05:45 AM
heres another one sittin still...
that is really sick. good job on it

bradley300
01-28-2006, 08:17 AM
your def. too rich

redrider311
01-28-2006, 10:19 AM
alright.. dave give me a call and next weekend ill go up with ya if youve got room..
so i should drop down to like a 40 pilot and a 165 main?

atvfreak400
01-29-2006, 05:20 AM
do you realy think that cutting the frame is the way to go,I'am just putting the finishing toughtes on my yz426 hybrid in a 400ex, I have not had a chance to adjust my carb yet but it seames to work ok, and I didn't cut the frame.The only thing with mine is that you hit the throttle from a dead idle and it coughfs and will stall some thimes but if you keep the reves up it seames ok,but like I said I haven't had a chance to get the carb adjusted and I don't know if I want to touch it myself because I have never done it before.p.s my carb is from teaxes and I'am in canada

humblesquirel21
01-29-2006, 06:43 AM
awsoem lookin quad very very nice

zeppelin
01-29-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by atvfreak400
do you realy think that cutting the frame is the way to go,I'am just putting the finishing toughtes on my yz426 hybrid in a 400ex, I have not had a chance to adjust my carb yet but it seames to work ok, and I didn't cut the frame.The only thing with mine is that you hit the throttle from a dead idle and it coughfs and will stall some thimes but if you keep the reves up it seames ok,but like I said I haven't had a chance to get the carb adjusted and I don't know if I want to touch it myself because I have never done it before.p.s my carb is from teaxes and I'am in canada
all yz426s cough, yamaha finaly fixed the problem with the 03 450 though

2muchquad
01-29-2006, 06:14 PM
"all yz426 s cough"?

thats totally false.all of the newer racing 4 strokes will cough when they are run with their valves in need of adjustment,so its not just with the yz426.improper fuel screw settings will make them cough as well:)

Honda TRX250ex
01-29-2006, 06:31 PM
how does your hybird go agianst 450s?

zeppelin
01-29-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by 2muchquad
"all yz426 s cough"?

thats totally false.all of the newer racing 4 strokes will cough when they are run with their valves in need of adjustment,so its not just with the yz426.improper fuel screw settings will make them cough as well:)
go look up acouple magazine review of the 03 450, all of the tester were amazed by the 450s lack of cough (or hesitation) it was something yamaha did with the accerlerator pump ( also im not 100% positive if it was the 450, it may have been the last year of the 426 (02) that yammy fixed it)

redrider311
01-29-2006, 06:57 PM
it may have been the last year of the 426 (02) that yammy fixed it)

correct!...it was in 02... it was the fuel accelorator... because the first 426 i bought was an 00.. and when i rode it as a dirtbike it "sputtered" and the motor i have in there now is an 02.. and you can lay on it at any throttle position and itll haul... but the motor was rebuilt by tom carlson and there are some parts in the head.. so that may have helped too... but from what i have read the problem was fixed in 02, perfected in 03 :p

redrider311
01-29-2006, 07:03 PM
have not had a chance to adjust my carb yet but it seames to work ok, and I didn't cut the frame.The only thing with mine is that you hit the throttle from a dead idle and it coughfs and will stall some thimes but if you keep the reves up it seames ok

you should cut your frame and make way for a hose that you wont kink.. i ran mine like you did for about 2 weeks and i could not stand it.. if you plan on racing you wont be able to keep the machine running like that for the whole race.. you have to run it at about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle correct, well that is where it runs the best correct? now that i have mine jetted correctly it will run from dead idle to WOT with out even so much as a sputter.. without it jetted correctly it runs at a lower potential.. with it jetted correctly i can keep up with and pass the 450s.. if i can ride at their skill level :p