PDA

View Full Version : cheap yet reliable camcorder?

blakefoote
01-26-2006, 07:28 PM
what is a cheap yet relaible camcorder that will work on Windows Movie Maker? I want a camera i can do some digital stuff with and out music on it. I would like it to be a DVD camera too...:ermm: ....any info would be nice

standardryder
01-26-2006, 07:44 PM
well the cheapest dvd camera will probably run you about 600 bucks. you can get pretty good quality mini dv cameras for about 300 and it will work with windows movie maker but shop around, you might find what. i have a canon zr200, it was about 400 bucks and works pretty good. decent quality. imo canon makes some of the best cameras. hope this helped

blakefoote
01-26-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by standardryder
well the cheapest dvd camera will probably run you about 600 bucks. you can get pretty good quality mini dv cameras for about 300 and it will work with windows movie maker but shop around, you might find what. i have a canon zr200, it was about 400 bucks and works pretty good. decent quality. imo canon makes some of the best cameras. hope this helped

can you put yours on Windows Movie Maker?

DVS_Freestyler
01-26-2006, 08:42 PM
sony handi-cam works great! thats what i started out with.

blakefoote
01-27-2006, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by DVS_Freestyler
sony handi-cam works great! thats what i started out with.

how much wil these cost?

moto04racing
01-27-2006, 07:36 AM
DO NOT USE windows movie maker, IMO i do not like it, the editing quality is horrible, i use cameramate eve, cheap and good and used with a samsung 8mm camera and it works great

blakefoote
01-27-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by 240BlasterRida
DO NOT USE windows movie maker, IMO i do not like it, the editing quality is horrible, i use cameramate eve, cheap and good and used with a samsung 8mm camera and it works great

what all can yours do? how much did yours cost?

trx400exxracer
01-27-2006, 08:30 PM
Go to the CVS pharmacy and get a disposable camcorder that records up to 20 minutes and take it back to CVS to get it made into a DVD and then copy it on your computer if you have a dvd burner or something like that

they cost like $20 so you could tape it to your helmet without having to worry about messing up a $600 dollar camera

standardryder
01-27-2006, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by blakefoote
can you put yours on Windows Movie Maker?

yeah i can use mine with windows movie maker, but i have a decent editing software so i use that instead. hi8 cameras you cannot use with you computer unless you have a digital video converter and those are about 100 bucks so with that and the cost of the camera you could get a digital8 or a mini dv camcorder. those you can use with your computer and windows movie maker, but i suggest you look into some better editing software. there are much better ones out there:)

blakefoote
01-28-2006, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by standardryder
yeah i can use mine with windows movie maker, but i have a decent editing software so i use that instead. hi8 cameras you cannot use with you computer unless you have a digital video converter and those are about 100 bucks so with that and the cost of the camera you could get a digital8 or a mini dv camcorder. those you can use with your computer and windows movie maker, but i suggest you look into some better editing software. there are much better ones out there:)

How much does the software cost? what are the best kinds to look for?

standardryder
01-28-2006, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by blakefoote
How much does the software cost? what are the best kinds to look for?

the software i have cost about 100 dollars. im sure there are cheaper ones out there. arcsoft makes good ones, adobe also makes some good ones.

moto04racing
01-28-2006, 03:42 PM
i did get my 8mm before the mini DV's came out, mine was 60 with the editing software, im thinking about investing in a new camera thou