PDA

View Full Version : Daughters 89 Suzuki LT 80

Jaxon
01-26-2006, 07:13 PM
Need Help! I have Spark. I have compression (New Piston and Rings. I have fresh Gas(Carburator rebuilt). I have confirmed tha the reeds are good. No excess fuel in the Crank and all electrical is Good to Go according to the test completed using the service manual. Oh Ya, I have a new battery also!
Lotsa new stuff comming in for my little girls bike and I can not get it to run(Just bought for a heck of a bargain)!
Thanks for any assistance :confused:

45 lt80
01-27-2006, 06:52 AM
Make should that you are getting fuel the carb. I just had a problem with fuel petcock.

45lt80

Jaxon
01-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Yeah I have fuel to the Carburator and to the sparkplug...

redzoomer
02-04-2006, 04:35 AM
I had a similar deal with my sons LT. Turned out that it had a galled piston. There wasn't alot of riding time on the motor before that. He was riding one minute and then it just shut down like it ran out of gas. I replaced everything before I decided to tear it down and look to see. Good Luck.

LT80
02-06-2006, 02:51 PM
Hrumph..
Lets try the 2 finger hand choke on it. Put 2 fingers in front of the carb and try.
Ya new piston and rings, but are they sealing enough to produce compression? Maybe a squirt of oil in the plug hole is warranted next.
Duct tape that plug cap down to elimate it from popping off.
I've seen a plug not fire under compression also.
:confused: :confused: :confused: