PDA

View Full Version : spend the money???

mrnate400ex
01-26-2006, 06:45 PM
Ok, I am looking for some new rims for my 400ex. I mostly ride trails and dunes. I am wanting to start racing a few harescrambles and maybe a couple of other races. Should I spend the money on some HiPer's or should I get some ITP Baja's?? I won't get beadlocks unless I get the HiPer's. What do you think???

Honda#4
01-26-2006, 08:01 PM
i personally love the baja's so far they hold up good there nice and light but combined with the hd's they r heavy.it's up to u though hipers r really good for mx and baja's r really good for trails.

mrnate400ex
01-26-2006, 08:08 PM
i'm putting kenda klaws on them. i know they don't weigh what those hd's do!!! i am leaning toward the baja's. i really don't do enough racing to spend the extra money on hipers. but, if the right deal comes along i would consider it!!!

Honda#4
01-26-2006, 08:16 PM
good choice.

450RGNCC
01-26-2006, 09:39 PM
If you buy Hipers, they will be the last set of wheels that you will ever buy (unless you change sizes)

450robot
01-26-2006, 09:53 PM
i myself have never had a wheel bend on me before, so i never really got with the hiper fad... i do want a set, but i can never justify spending that much on wheels when money can go into a suspension system, or other protection items

back when i had my 250r, i had bajas, and they were awsome, besides losing there polish after a few races, they looked and held up great

and i had a set of kenda klaws on my 450r with some beadlocks before i started my rebuild, they seemed pretty light for a 6ply tire, but the beadlock took up most of the weight ratio

jwick07
01-27-2006, 08:38 AM
For you Nate I think that the Bajas would be perfect. I don't think that you would bend them, and they would last a long time. HiPers are great but like you said thats a lot of money, only reason I got mine is because I waited and waited and waited and found good deals on them.

VIGILANTE MAN
01-27-2006, 10:42 AM
I lost a rear Hiper during my first race using them. Apparently I didn't tighten down the lug nuts. It tore the crap out of the rim.

Hiper replaced it for free with absolutely no hassle. I don't know if that's standard procedure for them or not, but I'm sure no other rim manufacturer would have done that. The Hipers basically paid for themselves at that point.

I'm extremely satisfied with them.

450RGNCC
01-27-2006, 02:17 PM
hey 450robot, did you get your new wheels today?