PDA

View Full Version : Houser LT A-arm Bushings???????

stever250r
01-26-2006, 06:42 PM
I purchased a used set of houser long travel a-arms and was wanting to replace all of the mount bushings, seals etc....

I guess I have an older set of arms because my arms only have a bushing and two white nylon endcaps that seal the bushing.

I noticed that when I went to order replacement parts that the a-arms now contain the bushing, needle bearings, grease seal, and an endcap.

This seems to be a much better setup..... but does anyone know if I can replace my bushing and nylon setup with the newer style that contain the needle bearings and grease seals???

prepracing
01-26-2006, 06:46 PM
the previous owner may have put a set of pivot works type replacement bushings in them, instead of houser parts

stever250r
01-26-2006, 07:34 PM
That could be a possibility. The seem to be really tight...

Pivot works only makes replacement parts for OEM products, correct?? Or can I order pivoit works specifically for the houser arms???

I guess I will call tomorrow and find out for sure.

prepracing
01-28-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by stever250r
That could be a possibility. The seem to be really tight...

Pivot works only makes replacement parts for OEM products, correct?? Or can I order pivoit works specifically for the houser arms???

I guess I will call tomorrow and find out for sure.

not sure if they make them for aftermarket arms or not... they may have just found something close to the right size and stuck them in there :ermm:

powerstroke
01-28-2006, 10:20 PM
call houser........he will set you up with the correct stuff. stick with his needle bearings.....they oulast anybodies bushings 10 fold.

250RXCrider
01-29-2006, 08:18 AM
I have upgraded my Houser a arms from bushings to needle bearings, just give them a call. Be prepared to dropped at least $100.:)