PDA

View Full Version : looking for a new quad

luke0927
01-26-2006, 04:22 PM
hey everyone new to the forum well my 450r was stolen about 2 months ago and im wanting to get a new quad (long story insurance screwed my on it so im out of $6000) now im normally a honda fan but i love the yzf450 and even considerd one before getting my 450r back in 04. anyways what is eveyones opinon on the suzuki 450 coming out (im sure it has been posted to death) it looks like it will be mean ive actually talked to a dealer that should have them in around Feb. is there anyone that has ridden one yet? that could compare it to a 450r or yzf? also is honda really coming out with a 650r if so is it more along the style of a raptor you know handling wise and so on or is it supposed to be as good as the 450 is. sorry for all the question i just don't have enought time to stay uptodate on all the new stuff and info on quads
thanks for the help
luke

01-26-2006, 04:32 PM
well depends on what kin of riding you do

free/recreational/dunes - raptor 700

racing - ltr 450

racing if you want to put alot of $ into it - trx 450r 06 that is

well if i could choose from the 3 450's i will have to pic the 2006 450R (honda) In my opinion it is more reliable and rider friendly not so small as the yfz

if the ltr 450 was a 07 or 08 then i would consider it because i wouldnt go for first year models they might have flaws in them and in the next year or so they fix them.

i do alot of open space riding so i will choose the raptor 700 but for the track i would have to go with a 450 theyre all great but if you want to be just alittle bit more on top i woul go with the ltr 450 (mx/sx) doug gust sais he feels faster on a stock ltr 450 than on his totally decked out yoshi 450

so thats my 2 cents i hope it helped