PDA

View Full Version : need help installing a killswitch asap!!

yamahaman300
01-26-2006, 03:52 PM
i just got a gunner killswitch off my friend it was on his z400
i need to know exactly where i put the wires and if i have 2 cut anything where 2 cut, please tell me where everything is i have 2 take off n connect thanks alot i got pics of it 2 make it easier

yamahaman300
01-26-2006, 03:52 PM
wires at the end

daddio
01-27-2006, 07:14 AM
is it a "normally open" or "normally closed" style. Gunner makes both.

yamahaman300
01-27-2006, 01:10 PM
i really dont knoe anything about it all i know is its off of a z400

ZSK
01-29-2006, 11:34 AM
In a normally open system, the switch is open until the teather is pulled in which it grounds the spark to the frame killing the engine, effectively closing the switch. The switch is open until pulled, when pulled the switch is closed. In a normally closed system the switch is closed until the teather is pulled which opens the switch and interuppts the spark. When the clip is in place it is in a closed position, when the teather is pulled it opens the switch eliminating spark to the coil.

To establish if it's a closed or open kill switch. Take a meter and put one probe on each wire to see if you get tone. When the clip is in place and you get tone, it is a normally closed system. If you get tone with the clip removed (teather is pulled) it is a normally open switch. Determine which type it is first and wire accordingly.

Beyond that I can't remember which wire I tapped into to wire my kill switch.:confused:

Baldwin makes a plug that you can just plug your wires into and there's no cutting into your wiring harness.