PDA

View Full Version : under jersey roost guard or chest protector

01-26-2006, 11:55 AM
i have decided to that i need a chest protector or roost guard. i do not race and am looking ofr something to take the sting out of the "boulders" that seem to be coming at me all of a sudden. i want an under jersey roost guard, but my fear is that it may get too hot in the summer.

like i stated earlier, i do not race, but we usually ride for 5 or 6 hors at a time in 90+ degree weather. i don't wanna be taking off the jersey and then the roost guard every time we take a break, but i also don't wanna be roasting my jewels off any more than normal either.

so here is my question, are the under jersey roost guards hot and do they offer the kind of protection i am looking for? or should i just get a full on chest protector?

thanks...

01-26-2006, 01:48 PM
all the people on here and no one has any suggestions for me?

Lonestar_R
01-26-2006, 01:52 PM
hmmm nobody likes you

JRP
01-26-2006, 01:57 PM
id say get a chest protector.. you can never go short on protective gear.

YFZ450Ridr
01-26-2006, 02:02 PM
id go for a regular chest protector. the under jersey protector doesnt look very comfy once you have cloths over it. i got a shift protector a few months ago and i love it. for 60 bucks, i think its hard to beat. http://www.rockymountainatv.com/viewLargerImage.do?prodImage=s/shi_06_che_pro_***_roo_blk.jpg

trx400exxracer
01-26-2006, 02:03 PM
I say get the thor Sentinal it is a under and over the jersey it is real nice I got it for Christmas
I got they grey
here's the link

http://www.thormx.com/Product.jsp?product_path=979-994

01-26-2006, 02:13 PM
i do like that thor protector...not sure what i am going to do yet...

and lonestar_r, whasss up punk

NacsMXer
01-26-2006, 02:21 PM
I run the Thor Scattershield chest protector. I like it because it's really light and doesn't hinder my movement. I forget i'm wearing it sometimes really. The hard protectors will really save you too if you ever take a tumble, I know mine has saved my back a couple times.

quaddy87
01-26-2006, 05:49 PM
I know people will disagree with me..but get a regular chest protector to be safer... people say chest protectors dont help with impact but that isn't true. I lost a good friend who was racing with a roost protector. Look at it this way.. would u rather bang ur chest on ur handlebars with a thin roost protector on or a hard chestprotector. take that into consideration.

01-26-2006, 05:51 PM
EVS Flux>all.