PDA

View Full Version : pc gun

heatherbee923
01-26-2006, 11:52 AM
ive seen it in another topic but i cant seem to find it where you are standing in your pc room coating a few parts.(looks like you were doing black or a darker color) anyway i was trying to see what gun you use. i know pc guns can range between 1-5,000. i was just wondering what was your gun of choice b/c right now i have the eastwood hobby gun but ive been looking for something that gives better results.

Pappy
01-26-2006, 02:40 PM
i use a INSA commercial hopper gun now, but the eastcoat pro gun is not bad and is like $600. it has taken me this far:p

heatherbee923
01-26-2006, 03:41 PM
thank you for the info. with my hobby i get light spots in tight areas when doing trans colors. with solid colors the powder seems to apply evenly. with your experience, does the pro gun seem to rid the metal of these light spots with the trans colors.

Pappy
01-26-2006, 04:19 PM
the light spots are caused by "faraday cage effect"

think of 2 magnets that when you turn them around they "push" away from each other. in a sense, the charged powder reacts oppositly and is repelled by corners. preheating the parts and shooting the trans color topcoat when warm will do away with most of these issues, just hit the corners first so the build up in the corner will blend with the rest of the coating.

the hobby guns, even the hotcoat progun are only 25kv guns, ive managed to use them both extremely well for the past 4 years, but now that ive gone commercial, i can see a world of difference in how the powder is applied.

i wouldnt trade the expierence ive gained using the other equipment for anything, i learned from mistakes and have gotton pretty good i geuss.

just keep practicing!

K_Fulk
01-26-2006, 04:24 PM
Its amazing how well those commercial guns cover, isnt it.

Spray one side and the other side is already covered.

Pappy
01-26-2006, 04:26 PM
yep, its a totally different animal for sure.