PDA

View Full Version : what luck i have!!!

xcracer416
01-26-2006, 11:11 AM
let me break this situation down real quick. last night i cranked up my R to just ride it around the yard, kicked it twice and fired up. then i gas it a couple of real quick short revs to clean it out and bam it locked up. my first thought was someone might have poured regular gas in it to empty a gas jug. nope it was the right gas.
well i tore the top end apart real quick to find my piston skirt on one side was broke off and the other side was cracked to where it was almost broke. what could have caused this? i never ran it hot, gas was mixed 40 to 1, had great compression saturday when i raced it in an arenacross. i sent my cylinder off this morning to get resleeved cause it cracked the bottom of it.

also what is the best way to get all of the aluminum particles out of the bottom end? i know tear the bottom end apart is the best way, but is there another way to do it?

zedicus00
01-26-2006, 11:25 AM
if yur feeling lucky pull the bototm end out of the frame fill the crank area with gas (preferably premix), spin the crank around, and dump it out. do this until yur satisfied all the stuff is out. if its not yur bearings will let u know pretty soon.

TheFontMaster
01-26-2006, 12:02 PM
You probably better off just splitting the cases and doing an over haul on the whole bottom end while you have the chance. Replace berrings, seals, look for any worn parts, etc.

SuperChris
01-26-2006, 12:04 PM
Excessive clearance. Check the bottom real good.

xcracer416
01-26-2006, 03:34 PM
i just had an rebuild done on the bottom end about 2 months ago