PDA

View Full Version : King quad 700

Melons
01-26-2006, 10:44 AM
I am thinking of buying one and would like to know if there are any known problems. You guys that own them what is your opinion of them? I worry a little about that drive belt if it is a liability down the road, with it slipping. THanks for any info.

CBF2
01-26-2006, 12:11 PM
The belt is not a prob. IMHO the KQ is the best all around ATV with the exception of possibly the new Bombardier, I have not been on one of those yet. I say this not because I have one but rather, I have one because I think it is. Other quads do specific things better but I think the KQ is the overall champ.

NOT INCLUDING THE NEW BOMB 800 this I how I rate them

Best Overall---King Quad
Best Mudder---Grizz (best ground clearance and true diff lock)
Best for drags--Brute 750
Best Steering--Rincon

If I could have any quad it would be a Brute motor in a Rincon chassis with Grizz 4x4 gear. The KQ is closest thing to this setup available now.

Known King probs

All 05s have the tie rod ends recall--they replace them with new ones and aslo replace the tie rods with stronger ones (old are gold, new are silver).

Some 05/06 owners say the stock air filters let dirt in--just get an aftermarket and it is fixed.

Eary 05s have a reverse bushing problem. This was COMPLETELY fixed on late 05 and all 06 models. Not an issue at all if you get one of the later models.