PDA

View Full Version : warrior pipe problem

98warriorboy
01-26-2006, 10:28 AM
when im ridin down the raod and let off the gas a flame shoots out the exhaust and im wondering if that is hurting it or if it will in the past? this happens alot

300exOH
01-26-2006, 11:04 AM
Sounds like your jetting is off. It's most likely lean. A lean engine will generate quite a bit of heat which can over time damage your engine. I would contact the pipe manufacturer to get jetting specs for your setup and elevation.

98warriorboy
01-26-2006, 02:27 PM
well, i just bought the warrior about 3 days ago so i dont know if n e thing is done to it accept the pipe, im gonna look and see what kinda airfilter is inh it. my dad thinks that its jetted and piped but stock air filter and he thinks its not shooting enough air through the carb and making it shoot flames., my buddy says it normal becuz the pipe's spark arrestor is removed.

Quadboy350
01-26-2006, 07:16 PM
I have an HMF exhaust on my warrior and mine also backfires and shoots sparks its ok to an extent if it does it badly somithings wrong but a bit is normal, and mine is jetted right. So its normal for it to do that

98warriorboy
01-27-2006, 10:07 AM
well it does this alot and its starting to worry me a little, the warrior runs perfect, by the way it has a dg exhaust on it and im not sure if its jetted or not but i know it has a stock airfilter cuz i checked it last night

wolffie
01-27-2006, 08:06 PM
mabey you oughta have it dropped off at a local Yamaha Dealer. it might need the carb cleaned as well as proper jetting. have you checked the spark plug on the warrior to see what colors you are getting? i woulnt reccomend running it to much if all this is happening! check your plugs, clean your filter, and if you dont have the experience to jet it, i would reccomend dropping it off at a dealer! good luck bro!