PDA

View Full Version : What is the best exhaust for racing?

Derek
07-10-2002, 01:31 PM
Im going to be racing next year in MX races. I was wondering what the best pipe is? Post pictures. Thanx a ton.

Dave400ex
07-10-2002, 03:06 PM
I would say a Engine Builders Pipe. TC, Sparks, Duncan, LRD, CT, some where along the lines of those. I have the TC and like it a lot.

yellow400
07-10-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by WarriorMan
I would say a Engine Builders Pipe. TC, Sparks, Duncan, LRD, CT, some where along the lines of those. I have the TC and like it a lot.

yo warrior man...How about the HMF. IS that loud and a good pipe??

MX MadMann
07-10-2002, 04:01 PM
sparks x-6. proven to have the most HP. heres a picture.

phatswinn
07-10-2002, 04:10 PM
open header!!!!!!!!!!!!! yee haw

Dave400ex
07-10-2002, 06:03 PM
I have seen and heard the HMF and it is very loud. I would say almost like a Pro Circuit. I don`t know how much power it adds though. A lot of Guys like them and for the Price they are it`s hard to beat them.

yellow400
07-12-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by WarriorMan
I have seen and heard the HMF and it is very loud. I would say almost like a Pro Circuit. I don`t know how much power it adds though. A lot of Guys like them and for the Price they are it`s hard to beat them.

yO warriorman do you think that the Big gun race series slip on is louder than the HMF???

Dave400ex
07-12-2002, 07:36 PM
I have heard some Big Guns and again they are real loud. My neighbors on his Raptor is even louder then a Pro Circuit.

stevengates45
07-12-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by MX MadMann
sparks x-6. proven to have the most HP.

Yep, sparks without a doubt.

Nausty
07-12-2002, 11:00 PM
i'm gonna be going with sparks but the yoshimura is way up there too.

JhallettEX
07-12-2002, 11:19 PM
C&D Racing just placed a order for mine along with a timing advanced key, I think they may have ordered a few extra if someone needs one.

Nausty
07-12-2002, 11:21 PM
how much we might just order one now. Any chance he could give me a deal considering we spent about 900 bucks on shocks from him. You work for c&d right?

07-13-2002, 07:45 PM
Does the Sparks x-6 full exhuast system give the same power increase on a stock motor with a k&n power kit as if you were to strap it to a bigger bore motor such as a 416, 425,440? if it adds the same how much does it add and also how much does it add to a stock motor? Also how much $$$$? im debating between a LRD full exhaust and the X-6.

Dave400ex
07-13-2002, 10:12 PM
No I believe the more Motor Work you have the more Power it will add.

07-13-2002, 10:41 PM
C&D Racing just placed a order for mine along with a timing advanced key, I think they may have ordered a few extra if someone needs one.
Josh, I am thinking you mean the sparks?? Is this the complete system or just the silencer?

You work for c&d right?

ROFLMFAO :D :D :devil :devil I am not saying a word on this since I had told Colby I was gonna take it easy bustin on ya bout this stuff for a little while.

Does the Sparks x-6 full exhuast system give the same power increase on a stock motor with a k&n power kit as if you were to strap it to a bigger bore motor such as a 416, 425,440? if it adds the same how much does it add and also how much does it add to a stock motor? Also how much $$$$? im debating between a LRD full exhaust and the X-6.
Warriorman I believe is correct. I will add that if your running a stock or first overbore the OEM header will perform great. It may or may not produce as much "total HP" but wont rob you of bottom end like some of the complete systems can.

I think if you get yourself a decent silencer a K&N intake and get the jetting right you will get the most bang for the buck. There are also some great threads here you can search that show some "cheap" HP gains. Plus if you think of going more into the motor later your still going to need a better intake and silencer.