PDA

View Full Version : Woods Racing my 300ex

countypark
09-29-2001, 12:41 PM
I have heard that a 330EX will smoke a stock 400EX. How do you think a stroked 406EX would do against a mod'ed 400EX.

I am also wondering if new a-arms are worth the investment for woods racing or am I better off with the stockers and maybe wheel spacers. I have a Denton stabilizer and it helps alot. I am going to switch my front tires to 23 inch razors.

I will most likely go with Works Performance shocks with Rez's for the front but I am not sure about the rear.

22 inch razor rears maybe 12 inches wide vs the current 11's.

Any tips would be cool.

09-29-2001, 04:51 PM
for woods stick with the stock width or try the wheel spacers but dont dump 500 dollars into a arms, all the other stuff you said sounds good like the shocks and tires but i would also get some more performance products for some more low end power like a pipe filter( if you dont have those) but if you do have thoise get like a low end cam or just lower the front sprocket by 1 tooth , when i did the 1 tooth down sizing it gained a lot of low end

stocktires
09-29-2001, 07:00 PM
A 406 will KILL a 400! A 330ex will beat a 400, but not by much! For woods id stock with stock! Wheelspacers are too wide i think, maybe +1 or stock width A-Arms if u do get a-arms, if u get wheelspacers set the shocks up for +1 a-arms or +2 cuz you want stiffer shocks cuz spacers make ALOT of difference on your shocks!But i wouldnt reccomend the a-arms their kind of a waste unless your racing nationals. Shocks..definatly!

09-30-2001, 07:58 PM
If you are woods racing only I would keep the stock a-arms and axle. First I would upgrade your shocks and rider comfort in general. The added power of engine mods won't help alot when your arms are pumped up and legs all wobbly. Also full skid plates are a must. Check out the quad bumper to grab bar looking for any thing that could fail during the race,just making it to the finish of an XC race is half the battle. If you are getting new tires go with the 6-ply, they are a little heavier but alot less likey to get a flat.:)