PDA

View Full Version : TRX 250r Or Banshee?

justin_yfz450
01-25-2006, 11:33 PM
Hey I was wondering and I'll go ahead and explain what I like to do and stuff. I love to jump and trail race that is my thing well my favorite. I want a 2 stroke ATV no thumper. So i've narrowed it down to either a TRX or a Banshee. I also like to hit the track a few times and every now and then drag race but not alot. So what would be better the TRX or Banshee?? I also like playing around too. Dependability and Power does matter :)

250R-Dee
01-26-2006, 03:42 AM
Everybody in here is going to favor the 250R :D

Handles better
Jumps better
lighter
parts are cheaper

hondardr4life
01-26-2006, 04:26 AM
The banshee is going to have a harder hit, and a higher top speed. But the trx motor is not far behind, and the handling of the trx is sooooo much better. Plus its lighter, and flies through the air much better. I rode a banshee once, and I never want to ride one again, it handled worse than my utility quad.

punker69q
01-26-2006, 04:49 AM
Unless if you are drag racing all the time, the 250r is the best out there. It can be customized into an awesome quad for anything, from woods to mx to tt.

I rode a banshee once and it felt like it would flip and they feel heavy in the front. Sure you can modify them, add longer a-arms, axles, zps shocks etc etc etc to make it a good handling quad, but do those mods to the 250r and it will be better again.

wilkin250r
01-26-2006, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by justin_yfz450
Hey I was wondering and I'll go ahead and explain what I like to do and stuff. I love to jump and trail race that is my thing well my favorite. I want a 2 stroke ATV no thumper. So i've narrowed it down to either a TRX or a Banshee. I also like to hit the track a few times and every now and then drag race but not alot. So what would be better the TRX or Banshee?? I also like playing around too. Dependability and Power does matter :)

The banshee is fast, no doubt about that, but it's rather heavy, and doesn't handle all that well. It's really suited best to sand dunes and drag racing.

The banshee has the advantage in power, but the 250r has the advantage in everything else. It handles better, it's lighter, it jumps better.

And you can always upgrade the power ;)

250r4life
01-26-2006, 09:38 AM
alright, i've owned both, and actually had them at the same time. let me say 1st that there is no other ride like the banshee. of course there is no other bike like the 250r, but the banshee is a fun bike- i loved mine.
that being said, from what you said you liked to do, i would go with the 250r. as previously stated, they are lighter, handle better, jump better, more reliable, and cheaper to fix.

i loved my banshee and rode it about 2 times a week for a year, and the only thing i had to do was get a new chain. however, a lot of people arent that lucky, and if you do engine work to banshees its more often than not youre gunna have problems...

anyways, so i loved my banshee and was satisfied with it. however, i got a chance to pick up an 89r that was 99% original with about 20 hours on it for $2k (this was back in 2002 when they were bringing all the money), so i couldnt pass on it. my buddy had/has an awesome 88 that kicked butt, so i figured i would try out the 250r and worst case scenario i could sell it and make a couple grand... so i threw a pipe, rad valve, and filter on it and i really liked it. i took them both to the track 1 day, went for a lap or 2 on the 250r, went for a lap or 2 on my banshee, and then parked the banshee for the rest of the day. my 250r was so much easier and so much more enjoyeable to ride at the track, and i could go over twice as many laps on my 250r then i could on my banshee before i had to go back to the truck and rest.

then a month later i went to the dunes, and my bro and buddy each had banshees with t5s, K&Ns, with lightened flywheels and advanced timing, and with haulers (i had old ghetto heavy molded) and i was beating them up the hill. i was sold... well, actually the banshee was :D

if you can find a good 250r, i'd go for it. banshees are fun, but you better have deep pockets if you really want them to scream and stay running.

oh, and i never felt like i was going to tip on my banshee, nor did i feel like the front end was too heavy.

if you can't find a nice 250r, get a banshee and put pipes and filter on it and call it good.

wicked265R
01-26-2006, 12:06 PM
banshee and mx dont go in the same sentence, im sorry. they weren't built for mx and making one into an mx bike wouldn't be worth the time and money, when you can get a 250r for the same price and make it 2 times better than a banshee could be for mx. Dunes are different, the banshee would be sick in the dunes and any straight line performance. I'd say a 250r would suit you well.

KRMit
01-26-2006, 02:00 PM
I've owned both and agree with everyone else. For what you want to do on it, get the R! I really loved my Banshee and it's all I rode for years, but I would have traded it for a 250r in a heartbeat. The Banshee is a little front heavy and the suspension will beat you to death. I did MX with it, but wouldn't recommend it. It's great for flat land and small jumps. The TRX is good all the way around.

Phil H
01-29-2006, 01:10 PM
Service Honda TRX250R (CR250 Engined) or Banshee?

Also what would you have if you were driving/riding on the road.

Phil

edz250r
01-29-2006, 06:18 PM
I owned a Banshee before my present R. There was nothing like the acceleration of the Banshee....once you finally stopped spinning out of the gate. Other than straight line snap your head back acceleration, I would never go back to the Banshee after owning my R. Its a lot lighter, handles like a dream compared to the Banshee, is almost as fast and overall looks a lot better. Also, working on adjusting two carbs is a pain on top of the fact that there is little room with two heads, carbs, boots, pipes, etc. in the engine area. Go with the R...I did after never even riding an R before I bought mine and I would never go back to the Banshee.

matt250r21
01-30-2006, 08:37 PM
You can never go wrong with an R. Think about it the last ones were made in 89 and there are still tons of them around. Also it must be one of the most user friendly bikes as far as maintenance is concerned.