PDA

View Full Version : Bent Frame?

screaminta
01-25-2006, 08:01 PM
So I've had my r for about a year now and LOVE IT!! Definetly the best purchase I have ever made. I was going over it the other day and on the left (when sitting on it) outer bottom frame rail under the motor, towards the front of the quad there is some bending. I never noticed this before and it almost looks as if a rock or sumthing bent it. the rail is straight but you can tell that the tube is bent a little. Also, the paint on th frame looks as if it was applied after the bend happend. The bike handes great and it has given me no problems. Should I be concerned about this at all. I want to tear the bike down completely and have the frame powder coated eventually. Should I start looking for a new frame? Its an 86' by the way? Let me know what you think.

wilkin250r
01-26-2006, 10:12 AM
I don't know your philosophy, but if it was me, I'd start looking around for a new frame.

If you're just looking to ride and have fun, then leave it like it is. If it rides and handles well, a little bend ain't gonna hurt nothin.

But if you're planning on putting work into it, with PC and the whole ball of wax, then I'd replace the frame. Why would you go through all that work and expense, tearing it down, rebuilding, upgrading, PC, and use the same junk parts?

If you're going to be putting work and money into it to make it nice, put a little extra in and do it right.

TheFontMaster
01-26-2006, 10:43 AM
There is a factory bend in the frame right behind the rear lower a arm mounts, are you shure the dent is something different that this?

screaminta
01-26-2006, 03:21 PM
what is a good price for a 86 frame? also isnt an 87 frame pretty much the same thing? Ill get a pic up as soon as possible so that all of you can see this. thanks

TheFontMaster
01-26-2006, 07:20 PM
The 86 frame had more gussetting from the factory than all the other years, but the 86 and 87 are basicaly the same thing.

A good price for a 250r frame would be 2-450 dollars.