PDA

View Full Version : Tires!

wolffie
01-25-2006, 07:04 PM
hey guys! i run a 2005 TLD preddy and am looking for some tires. i dont race in a league or anything, but my buddies and i built a little mx track and hit that up pretty hard! the compund is primarily HARD packed clay. it is almost the equivalent of riding on asphalt! i am looking for a tire that will hold up through the rigors of this clay material, but also wont be too bad for some trail riding! i figured i would ask you guys because racing puts the biggest wear on tires! price isnt that much of an issue, and size isnt too bad either. i would like to stay around 19-21in in the front and 18-20in in the rear in terms of height. right now i am running the stock Maxxis radial rear tires that are 20-11-10. what do you guys reccomend? mabey ITP mxr4's, or razr's? does anyone have some real life reviews on tires that could be helpful to me! thanks alot, i really appreciate it!

---Wolffie

woodsracr940
01-25-2006, 07:42 PM
might wanna check into the new holeshot SX, they are suppsoed to work really well , on hard pack , an last long time .

300ex_#387
01-26-2006, 05:18 PM
Yeah or maybe a turf tamer....They work real well on hard packed terrain, but they dont have the best life span lol. The razr MX tires are nice too....

wolffie
01-26-2006, 05:22 PM
thanks for the input! i have heard good things about the SX, i am just trying to find the cheapest place to buy them!:D i have also heard good things about the terf tamers, but tire life is kind of an issue....my friends run the Razr2's and HD's, but those are more primarily for GNCC style courses! any other opinions! thanks!

300ex mxracer
01-27-2006, 11:27 PM
razor mx in the rear work well but in the front not as good

wolffie
01-30-2006, 05:30 PM
is the tread life on the Razr any good? i ride pretty rough, so tread life is pretty important. those holeshot SX and MXR4 look good!

My buddy rides XC, and his razr2's are sweet for wear life!

chaz#32
02-01-2006, 10:22 PM
i raced the kenda klaws this year, they get good traction and last for a long time. and the back tires are reversible so one way is for harder packed dirt and the other is for softer and they are the cheapest i've seen out of holeshot and maxxis.
if you go to rockymountainatv.com they have a sweet tire package deal and they sell em pretty cheap.

QUADROOKIE
02-02-2006, 05:31 AM
Klaws or Razrs. Both are very reasonably priced and both hook up well on all terrains while also having a great lifespan. Cant go wrong on either of them.

02-02-2006, 02:34 PM
any maxxis tire will work well and last long, its all i will ever use

wolffie
02-03-2006, 01:52 PM
thanks for all the great info guys! i will check rockymountain out and make my desician from there!

eganracing
02-08-2006, 09:01 PM
i used to run holeshot mx4's and i thought they wore down really fast and it seemed like they did more spinnig than grabing. so now i run razr mx tires and so far i absolutley love them.

BiG James
02-10-2006, 08:22 AM
Kenda fronts with razzor rears if perfect