PDA

View Full Version : Any ways to get dents out of pipes?

slamdak8782
01-25-2006, 06:27 PM
how do I get dents out of pipes?

250R_4_ever
01-25-2006, 07:29 PM
I did got a dent out with ICE

fill out the pipe with water ,clog the ends and put it outside (if cold) or in a freezer

make sure you plug the ends right and ton fill out too ,leave some free space for some expension.otherwise the pipe might crack

ice power is unbelievable

good luck

slamdak8782
01-26-2006, 10:09 AM
Great Idea how do you plug it up plastic bags?

smoxy
01-26-2006, 01:53 PM
A buddy of mine got his out with compressed air! He bought these rubber stops that expand when tightened. He moddified the one to have a tire valve, shot it with about 40 p.s.i. and poped them all out! If you ask me this could be very dangerous and I would go about it with severe caution and maybe not so much air pressure! I think he got the rubber stops at TSC or Home Depot! Hope this helps!

wicked265R
01-26-2006, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by 250R_4_ever
I did got a dent out with ICE

fill out the pipe with water ,clog the ends and put it outside (if cold) or in a freezer

make sure you plug the ends right and ton fill out too ,leave some free space for some expension.otherwise the pipe might crack

ice power is unbelievable

good luck

your not lying! ice pushes dents out beautifully. filling a pipe up with a good amount of water and capping the ends using anything u can find, a plastic bag and wrap the end of the pipe with rubber bands works. finding a freezer big enough is the hard part. if you get really cold weather just stick it outside for a night.

of only you had an lrd adjustable pipe.....so easy to push dents out of.

slamdak8782
01-26-2006, 06:19 PM
well i do have an lrd but it is a really big dent actually about four of them

elchankoblanko
01-26-2006, 06:39 PM
I have a nice sized dent right at the first beng on my lrd pipe, so i just fill it up with water, take a plastic bag and ruber band it onto each side and the put it outside for the night?

wicked265R
01-26-2006, 07:38 PM
yeah pretty much. its pretty simple and is the easiest method ever. no more bogging from a dent in the stinger section of your pipeeee yay

300exQuadracer
01-29-2006, 07:04 PM
i work at a welding shop and we have some plugs for that purpose, put the plugs in the end one is for plugging water line when your working on it and one has a air fitting on it, put both in heat up the dent a little and put air to it it`ll pop right out