PDA

View Full Version : which engine parts

Raptor430
01-25-2006, 06:10 PM
If i get a 05 450R, what engine parts should i get for it to make it like have a solid punch in it like a yfz? I don't know if i'm going to mess with the gearing or not. But what parts do you guys think i should get to make it real torquey and have a solid punch like a yfz. Thanks

Ridin' Jesse
01-25-2006, 06:11 PM
Try a pipe system, filter, cam, maybe a piston.

01-25-2006, 07:54 PM
talk to Dan from DASA, he can set you up with all your needs :macho

450Redrider5
01-25-2006, 08:06 PM
or you could just get the hrc kit and a pipe

JIMTED79
01-25-2006, 10:08 PM
Another mod would be to ditch the stock carb for a flat slide like the edelbrock or fcr, nice bottom and mid punch over stock for sure.

2MuchChi450R
01-26-2006, 06:58 AM
Exhaust, intake, cam, jetting, and possibly a higher comp piston, just the basics really. Sounds like a lot just to have that punch, but it'll stay with or pass a fairly modded YFZ :o

OKTRX450R
01-26-2006, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by 2MuchChi450R
Exhaust, intake, cam, jetting, and possibly a higher comp piston, just the basics really. Sounds like a lot just to have that punch, but it'll stay with or pass a fairly modded YFZ :o

Pretty much what he said and add a 13T front sprocket...not sure why you do not want to mess with it, cost is about $15-$25 and it takes about 10 minutes.

speedfreaksguy
01-26-2006, 09:26 AM
With a cam, hi-compression piston and full exhaust I went back to the 14 tooth front. It still didn't rev like a YFZ but had plenty of power on tap. I've since added a Vortex ignition with the Tokyo-Mods mapping and it screams. I think It's smoother than a YFZ but more powerful. Now all I need is a DASA port job and she's done.

2MuchChi450R
01-26-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by speedfreaksguy
With a cam, hi-compression piston and full exhaust I went back to the 14 tooth front. It still didn't rev like a YFZ but had plenty of power on tap.

I did the same thing, went back to a 14t front and it still pulls as hard, I just don't rev out as quick if someone comes up on me when I'm just playing around. I'd have kicked a yfz's *** had I not revved out early and being in the whoops while he was on flat land :p

Raptor430
01-26-2006, 03:59 PM
What would you guys think about a lighter flywheel. That would help it rev quicker. I don't know if i would like for it just to pull real hard. I'd like for it to be like hit the gas, jerk you back, and barely hold on. lol. By the way, the reason i don't want to change the gearing is cuz i want the same top speed. What i was thinking about is a high compression piston and bore it, uni filter maybe, open airbox when i race. See the yfz has a bigger bore and shorter stroke and the R has a smaller bore and longer stroke so i thought that if i bored it then that might help with it having better torque. I'd like to get a carb, but i don't wanna pay that much for one, i probably won't have enough money anyways. i'm 15, work for my dad in the summer, and i'm gonna try to trade mine in and get a 450R, but i have no idea how much cash i'll have to give them. Everybody keep giving me their thoughts on the parts please. By the way if anybody has a 450R they might want to sell or trade for my bike then tell me. if anybody is interested in what bike i've got then tell me and i'll give you info. Thanks

desratt
01-26-2006, 06:13 PM
trade it in for an 06