PDA

View Full Version : 400EX Best pipe?

freakystone
09-29-2001, 11:49 AM
I am looking to add a pipe to my 400EX and wanted to know what the best choice would be? Filter too as well as jet size?

09-29-2001, 12:47 PM
I am running the curtis sparks x-4 on my bike. I like the pipe alot. It seemed to add alot of low-mid and some on top. It sound really good but is kinda lound. I also have a kn filter with a outwears air box cover. I run a 155 main and 45 pilot.

Leo
09-29-2001, 03:15 PM
I'm running a pro-circuit T4 and I'm very happy with both the power gains, and the pipes constrution...

It's also one of the more affordable slip-on's...

Leo

(moving this to the motor forum...)

Giz400ex
09-29-2001, 04:51 PM
I'm am running a LRD pipe and I absolutely love it!!!! You'll find good gains low to mid!!!

FlyinRed
09-29-2001, 11:43 PM
BIG GUN! BIG GUN! BIG GUN! BIG GUN! BIG GUN! BIG GUN!

I'm a little Biased. It's loud, but flows good.

What ever you do get a full system. A good amount of power comes from a free flowing exhaust system. If you mod your motor your exhaust will be up to the task. The other trick is to get a head pipe where both tubes are equal lenghts. Theres a reason Ferri's have exhaust tube all over thier race cars. GT Thunder's site has a few Dyno's that show this.

09-30-2001, 12:32 AM
Get a Curtis Sparks X-4 or X-6 best pipe on market even better then the White Brothers E-series. I am a Curtis Sparks dealer so if you want one look me up. I also race what I sell so I stand by the products I sell.

Foxrage
09-30-2001, 10:11 AM
I have the procircuit. They have great service and the pipe is awsome. I just got a new different pro corcuit and it was even better than the other pro circuit i had.

krazykurtk
10-01-2001, 05:13 AM
I have a White Brothers E-series slip on. I chose this pipe because of it's smooth power curve. On the dyno there was a smooth power curve right thru low, mid, & high rpm. That's what I was looking for. Not just peak hp. I'd also like to add that there is no customer service dept that could possibly beat WB. I sent my pipe in for repairs only to find out how crappy of service the Post Office can provide. They (Post Office) lost my pipe or something. I had it insured, which has been a big pain in the *$# tryin to get my money back. Anyhow, back to WB...After consulting Bobby in Customer Service with help submitting a claim thru the post office, he sent me a used pipe free of charge. I couldn't even tell it was used!! On top of this, I'm still waiting for my insurance claim check, it's been 2 months since I tried to send the pipe in for repairs. I'm not expecting WB to do this all the time, but that sure proved to me that they are truely running an honost business. As far as the head pipe is concerned. If you ever plan on doing porting or other various head related work, that is where you are going to see gains from a different head pipe. Without this, a head pipe isn't going to gain you anything. The stock head pipe on a 400EX is good enough.