PDA

View Full Version : warrior vs. 350 raptor?

ex_fan
01-25-2006, 09:56 AM
which is faster a 350 raptor or a warrior?

Racing Rice
01-25-2006, 10:57 AM
The engines are nearly identical. The Raptor is a little more responsive. The ergo on the Raptor feel better. The Raptor looks better, and the suspension on the Raptor is just better. It is also a little lighter then the Warrior.

The only reason I could see for buying a Warrior is price. You can pick Warriors up quite a bit cheaper then you can the Raptors.

wolffie
01-25-2006, 02:57 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^what Racing Rice said is all true! the 350 is also 15-20lbs lighter than the warrior, and i believe the carburetor is slightly different. heres a picture of my little brother's 350 Raptor:

wolffie
01-25-2006, 03:01 PM
my brothers raptor has the following mods:
HMF sport exhaust
FMF Power Bomb header
K@N airfilter
no lid, with intake mod
jetted carb
DG Nerfs
Dual Rate Works Shocks
BKT X-Drive 20-11-9 rear tires
GYTR Rear Grab Bar
various stickers

His 350Raptor will easilly smoke a warrior and 300ex (but it wont beat much else:D )

98warriorboy
01-25-2006, 06:18 PM
i like the warrior alot better but thats just me, i dont like none of the raptors accept the new 700

CHEVYZ
01-25-2006, 06:21 PM
...Who would have thought it from a guy named 98warriorboy......:blah:

wolffie
01-25-2006, 06:45 PM
lmao:D

Racing Rice
01-25-2006, 08:43 PM
There isn't anything wrong with the Warrior. It needed updating. Yamaha did right. Sure the engine is an older design, but they shaved some weight, updated the looks, improved the ergonomics and was still able to keep the price relatively low.

If you can't afford a Raptor 350, the Warrior is a very worthy quad as well. They can be had cheap and still provide fun for all.

Either way you go, you'll be happy and have fun.

wolffie
01-26-2006, 01:40 PM
yup, thats all correct!:)

Bigun55
02-07-2006, 08:53 PM
Id rather have the raptor, Just cause its newer, And i think it looks better.

m1ke
02-07-2006, 10:29 PM
Warrior is a proven quad. it has years and years behind it's design, and it's held up well. their cheap and they are alot of fun.

DirtDevilBT
02-08-2006, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by wolffie
my brothers raptor has the following mods:
HMF sport exhaust
FMF Power Bomb header
K@N airfilter
no lid, with intake mod
jetted carb
DG Nerfs
Dual Rate Works Shocks
BKT X-Drive 20-11-9 rear tires
GYTR Rear Grab Bar
various stickers

His 350Raptor will easilly smoke a warrior and 300ex (but it wont beat much else:D )

I'll take ur bros raptor on with my warrior.:D It's not fair to compair the two but for the price I don't think a raptor 350 is worth it. The raptor has a CV carb but I don't think it's all that, it's the 660's weak point actually. The front shocks have a tighter coil at the top for a smoother ride. The a arms, swingarm, and linkage are all the same, if there is any difference it's not noticable. Other than the 20 pounds lighter, well that would be nice. But my 03 cost me much less than a raptor and I'm sorry but I still have less in it than raptor 350 retail. To each his own, just don't cry when I beat u. lol:eek:

04raptor
02-09-2006, 08:05 AM
my buddys piped and jetted and k&n air filter raptor350 would beat piped 400ex in 300 ft drag races

TRX23rider
02-09-2006, 06:56 PM
^^he must be a pretty good rider than because i beat my friends raptor 350 on my 400 all the time

98warriorboy
02-10-2006, 11:06 AM
it seems like people really hate warriors but i dont care becuase im the one that rides it and not every one else so noone else has to worry about it! i like it and have fun on it, thats all that matters.

wolffie
02-10-2006, 01:11 PM
I'll take ur bros raptor on with my warrior. It's not fair to compair the two but for the price I don't think a raptor 350 is worth it. The raptor has a CV carb but I don't think it's all that, it's the 660's weak point actually. The front shocks have a tighter coil at the top for a smoother ride. The a arms, swingarm, and linkage are all the same, if there is any difference it's not noticable. Other than the 20 pounds lighter, well that would be nice. But my 03 cost me much less than a raptor and I'm sorry but I still have less in it than raptor 350 retail. To each his own, just don't cry when I beat u. lol

i would hope your warrior would beat his considering yours has a high comp piston, porting, and many other mods! when i said his quad would beat a 300ex or warrior i was referring to one with similiar mods or bone stock! in response to the price, at the time we bought it, there were still warriors at the dealership, and the price difference was minimal! we figured we would go for the newer plastics thats all. im not trashing the warrior at all (i shouldnt be considering the 350 is practically the same) this is just what we thought would be a good new quad for my bro.

sixsixzero
02-12-2006, 12:16 PM
www.poorboyracing.piczo.com (http://www.poorboyracing.piczo.com)

Rofl check out what my buddies do on their 350 raps lmfao they are idiots. BONE STOCK 2!!:eek:

DirtDevilBT
02-13-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by wolffie
i would hope your warrior would beat his considering yours has a high comp piston, porting, and many other mods! when i said his quad would beat a 300ex or warrior i was referring to one with similiar mods or bone stock! in response to the price, at the time we bought it, there were still warriors at the dealership, and the price difference was minimal! we figured we would go for the newer plastics thats all. im not trashing the warrior at all (i shouldnt be considering the 350 is practically the same) this is just what we thought would be a good new quad for my bro.

Yeah, just making sure people don't spit on the warrior in favor for a raptor 350. It is a great first quad cause it has the power to go anywhere you want to go, can be modded slowly to help keep up with their skills and it wont wheelie easily keeping the quad under them and not the other way around. :) I love mine, but it always depends on where you ride.

sixsixzero
02-16-2006, 11:51 PM
ok for starters the only way a 350 raptor/warrior can beat a 400 ex is if it is heavly modified lol. They are a good atv for pullin deers out off the woods or just plain trail riding. Or for a beginner quad.

Rofl my warrior beat my friends 300ex by maybe a tire and that was wound tight as it would go on the highway lmfao.

OK and for the big question!!!!! instead of updating the warrior to a raptor 350 and disgracing the raptor name. Why didnt they just UPDATE THE MOTOR TO A 400 for gods sake!!! I mean u have a 400ex z400 and a kfx400. lmao wouldnt it make more sense??

DirtDevilBT
02-17-2006, 10:15 AM
^^^^for low maintaince, ease of maintainance, and reliability. However, I think they could have used their big bear 400 head with the 4 valves, that would have been very nice.

PS> They should have kept the warrior name. Do it some justice

Racing Rice
02-17-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by DirtDevilBT
^^^^for low maintaince, ease of maintainance, and reliability.

Because it was cheaper for them to take old Technology and update the looks and make it handle a little better, then it would have been to design a whole new quad.

It would have been nice if they would have bored it out a little bigger (to almost a 400) but I guess they didn't see the need to spend the money. The name change was a sales thing. Obviously a lot of people don't know the difference between a Raptor 350 and a Warrior, but it looks different and has the same cool name as it's big brother. Which will obviously help sales as well.

sixsixzero
02-17-2006, 05:18 PM
i personally hate the 350 raptors, cause it just brings the 660 down cause some dumbasses cant tell the difference and it pisses me off.

I was gonna try and use a big bear head but i just gave up on the whole idea cause whats the use, it will allways be a 350.

And yes that made me even more pissed, cause they got rid of the name and they been around for 20 or so years. When was their first year like 87- 85? or was it 89?

Racing Rice
02-17-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by sixsixzero
i personally hate the 350 raptors, cause it just brings the 660 down cause some dumbasses cant tell the difference and it pisses me off.

How does stupid people that don't know the difference between the 350 and the 660 bring the 660 down? If they can't tell the difference between a 350, they probably can't tell the diference between either of the Raptors and the YFZ.

Just tell them to shut the eff up and punch them in the head. Atleast that will relieve you of some of your anger issues.:D

sixsixzero
02-17-2006, 07:31 PM
How does stupid people that don't know the difference between the 350 and the 660 bring the 660 down? If they can't tell the difference between a 350, they probably can't tell the diference between either of the Raptors and the YFZ.

why would someone go buy a 350 raptor, when u could get a real fourwheeler for like 1500 more rofl.

Racing Rice
02-18-2006, 08:42 AM
There are a lot of reason. $1500 is quite a bit of money to a lot of people. Especially when you do not need the extra power (which leads me to the next). A lot of people don't want or don't need the extra power. A Warrior or Raptor 350 would be perfect for my wife. She says the 660R scares her, but she is fine on bikes like the 400EX and 350. They also make much better starter quads then the 660R or 700R does.

sixsixzero
02-18-2006, 01:06 PM
There are a lot of reason. $1500 is quite a bit of money to a lot of people. Especially when you do not need the extra power (which leads me to the next). A lot of people don't want or don't need the extra power. A Warrior or Raptor 350 would be perfect for my wife. She says the 660R scares her, but she is fine on bikes like the 400EX and 350. They also make much better starter quads then the 660R or 700R does.

Like u said 350's are good for women and little kids.

lol ive seen guys go get a bran new 350 raptor over the 660/700 and then after they get it, they want more power and there they are stuck with a slow quad that can barely out run a 300ex and maybe a 230 quad.