PDA

View Full Version : I need advice on which SHOCKS 2 get.

sixsixzero
01-25-2006, 12:00 AM
I came up with some money and now im ready to buy front shocks for my raptor. I have allready blowed my stockers out. Which would be a better shock and buy.

works triple rate without reserviors
works trple rate with reserviors
elkas with reserviors.

On ebay the works is 495 and the elkas is like 700 plz help me with the choice.

Ridin' Jesse
01-25-2006, 04:24 AM
Elkas are better.

wolffie
01-25-2006, 08:10 AM
if you go on the Elka website, you can get the Rec Series shocks for like $470! those are slightly better than the works triple because they are custom built to your needs and Elka uses some better parts when making their shocks. works arent bad, my bro has em on his 350 raptor (just dual rate). how big of jumps do you do? do you flat land alot of air, do you go over high speed tables, or doubles? depending on what kind of riding you do will determine the shocks you should get. also, how much do you want to spend? probably the top of the line shocks would be triple rate rezzie Elkas, TCS remote rezzies, or PEP shocks.

01-25-2006, 09:14 AM
get yfz stockers

jwick07
01-25-2006, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by hetdrunk
get yfz stockers

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: !!WARNING!!WARNING!!WARNING!!WARNING!!

THIS IS BAD ADVICE FROM A PERSON WHO KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ATVS. IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE DO NOT TAKE HETDRUNK'S ADVICE. THIS PERSON HAS ALREADY BEEN BANNED FROM THIS SITE ONCE FOR THIS SAME STUPIDITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The tripple rate with rezzies works will be a huge improvement over stock any day. How ever elkas do use better valving on the shocks.

sixsixzero
01-25-2006, 09:14 PM
well im just geting into freestyle and i have +2 arms (does that matter)?? anywayz we have a 20ft double and i guess u get probably like 15 ft or maybe a lil less(in the air). But id like to get a good shock that would hold up to that repeated abuse and u guyz know more then me. I would probably spend 550 is a much as i can afford.

01-26-2006, 04:08 PM
id always stick with elka or axis but jon guetter runs peps so they should be pretty good for freestyle cosidering he did a backflip over a moving train:devil:

01-26-2006, 05:19 PM
i hear elkas and axis are pretty good

thebigsd
01-27-2006, 08:30 AM
i have peps on my 440 and i love them

Mean250r
01-27-2006, 08:57 AM
elka

8my_Cash
01-27-2006, 10:44 AM
well if your just starting out i wouldnt go buy 1000$ shocks i would go with the works.....just think a lot of riders ran works back in the day. they are not bad shocks at all i still run mine i would just get the works then we you go alot bigger and have more money go all out and get better shocks.