PDA

View Full Version : Precision Steering Stabilizer Honda 450R

bic's 450R
01-24-2006, 08:30 PM
anyone know anything about this steering stabilizer and is it worth the $$$450+++ thanks

01-24-2006, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by bic's 450R
anyone know anything about this steering stabilizer and is it worth the $$$450+++ thanks

FOR SURE!!!

this stabilizer rocks! it has adjustment from center and for turning, go to the website for more information on it

www.precision-rp.com

check out the hammer test :eek2:
that says it all

01-24-2006, 08:41 PM
hmmmm...fasstco bars and a pep stabilizer or this?

01-24-2006, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
hmmmm...fasstco bars and a pep stabilizer or this?

well, you can either get the fasstco bars and get a cheap stabilizer, or you can get the precision and save your money for the bars

what i would do is buy the bars, then just buy a cheapy dampener to get you by until you get enough money for the precision dampener

01-24-2006, 08:46 PM
man thats just too much money

01-24-2006, 08:48 PM
man thats just too much money

quality products, R&D, and going fast cost money ;)

rookiex
01-24-2006, 09:27 PM
ive had my bars an dampner on back order for awhile but my numbers coming here soon.

bic's 450R
01-25-2006, 05:37 AM
i think i will try it out, probably use renthal bars with the precision dampner. thanks for the info.

01-25-2006, 06:14 AM
i think i will try it out, probably use renthal bars with the precision dampner. thanks for the info. let us know how you like it man. ANother thing i just saw about the Fasstco bars is that they dont offer any parts for them if you bend or break something. You hav to pay $150 for a brand new set and give them your other set. :ermm: looks like I wont be getting them

Pappy
01-25-2006, 06:25 AM
let us know how you like it man. ANother thing i just saw about the Fasstco bars is that they dont offer any parts for them if you bend or break something. You hav to pay $150 for a brand new set and give them your other set. :ermm: looks like I wont be getting them

no problem geeting parts:confused: they have offered all replacement parts to this point to my knowledge, that wa a selling point. what changed and when?

a good dampner is worth its weight in gold, i never realized how well one worked until i spent time without 1 !

01-25-2006, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
no problem geeting parts:confused: they have offered all replacement parts to this point to my knowledge, that wa a selling point. what changed and when?
what changed is that they now take off falf the price as a brand new set of bars would cost you.

"No seperate parts are not available, however we have developed a damge warranty program. If you damage your Flexx Bars, you can return them to us and purchase a new set for $150.00.

Chris "

koolkidd
01-25-2006, 07:08 AM
best ever

Hondacrf15
01-25-2006, 07:12 AM
Broke my wrist last year riding. Still some issues with it. I purchased 2 Precision Stabilizer and mounted on one of our 450r. With out the dampner,I'm not sure I could ride....with dampner, absoutly no issues when I'm rippen thru the woops in the back yard. I would say it is worth every penny spent!!!!

blakefoote
01-25-2006, 07:14 AM

if you have Huevos 8 look at the behind the sences at Glen Helen and the dude tells all about the Presision....

quadjeff
01-25-2006, 10:40 AM
I had A GPR and I now run the precision.. It is worth the money. Quality products are never cheap...

Ex_Rider43
01-25-2006, 12:26 PM
let us know how you like it man. ANother thing i just saw about the Fasstco bars is that they dont offer any parts for them if you bend or break something. You hav to pay $150 for a brand new set and give them your other set. :ermm: looks like I wont be getting them

Beleive me the day you will break them YOU will probably be as broke as the bars and the quad. I crashed and flipped many times this summer and they are holding up perfectly.

MD450r
01-25-2006, 03:22 PM
This past weekend out riding I hit a rock about a foot around with my left front tire, I was about third gear pinned. I have the precision and fasst bars and the bars didnt even try to pull out of my hands. After I rolled to a stop, both studs on the left side for the walsh tie rods that I run had broken off and the tie rod was laying up in the frame rails. Im sure the 19 inch mx tires I had on the front didnt help. In general im really happy with the performance of both parts.

Aaron

2MuchChi450R
01-25-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by koolkidd
best ever

Ditto

duncan440ex
01-25-2006, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MD450r
[B]This past weekend out riding I hit a rock about a foot around with my left front tire, I was about third gear pinned. I have the precision and fasst bars and the bars didnt even try to pull out of my hands. After I rolled to a stop, both studs on the left side for the walsh tie rods that I run had broken off and the tie rod was laying up in the frame rails. Im sure the 19 inch mx tires I had on the front didnt help. In general im really happy with the performance of both parts.

i did the same with mine

Ex'r Marlin
01-25-2006, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by MD450r
This past weekend out riding I hit a rock about a foot around with my left front tire, I was about third gear pinned. I have the precision and fasst bars and the bars didnt even try to pull out of my hands. After I rolled to a stop, both studs on the left side for the walsh tie rods that I run had broken off and the tie rod was laying up in the frame rails. Im sure the 19 inch mx tires I had on the front didnt help. In general im really happy with the performance of both parts.

Aaron

Awesome story!

I just ordered the Fastco Flexx bars and Precision Steering Dampner for my 450R... Anxiously waiting to test them out... Hopefully not to the degree of some of you.:eek: :D

Thanks for the thread and replys!

remlapr
01-25-2006, 07:34 PM
You won't be disappointed with the Precision Marlin, it's freaky good.

Originally posted by Ex'r Marlin
Awesome story!

I just ordered the Fastco Flexx bars and Precision Steering Dampner for my 450R... Anxiously waiting to test them out... Hopefully not to the degree of some of you.:eek: :D

Thanks for the thread and replys!

h-bomb450R
01-25-2006, 10:34 PM
What do you guys think of the precision as far as using it in XC compared to the GPR or W.E.R.????

Austin

2MuchChi450R
01-25-2006, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by h-bomb450R
What do you guys think of the precision as far as using it in XC compared to the GPR or W.E.R.????

Austin

I use it in both MX and play XC, all you have to do is adjust it to the terrain you're riding. By far the easiest adjustability, both center and side (for fish-tailing). GPR is a good brand, but I wouldn't trust a pin in front of my handlebars if I smacked a tree. Haven't heard anything on the W.E.R.

Pepto_Bismol
01-26-2006, 02:51 PM
I bought the stablizer a while ago. It is definately one of the better investments and would recommed it to anyone, here is a link to my full review:

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=198190

Enjoy!

Pepto:cool:

h-bomb450R
01-26-2006, 03:28 PM
yeah GPR is great but me AND my friend have both screwed them up becuz they are mounted right in harms way....

Can anyone tell me the biggest difference btw the GPR and the precision???

Austin