PDA

View Full Version : 400ex vs. Z400

Drtridr18
07-10-2002, 09:02 AM
This may sound like a totally retarded question, but does the fact that the new Zuki is out and kickin' *** from what i hear make anybody else feel slightly inferior?

I think we'd all go broke at some point trying to constantly buy the fastest and newest stuff, but i'd just like to hear your guys' opininons...haha.

Thanks

Justin

07-10-2002, 09:09 AM
I haven't had the chance to ride one but I don't feel inferior with my 416 what's so ever,,I have rode on a track with one and he never pulled away or looked as though he had more power than me... I've read that a piped 400ex with airbox mod and rejetted carb will keep up with a Z400. They've only got like 3 hp more than stock 400ex's..If things go the way I'd like I'll get to ride one this weekend and get a real feel for what these things got..

ExVillin400
07-10-2002, 09:27 AM
i rode one this pasted saterday, and yea its not a bad quad, it kinda feels like the 300ex but with more power. i raced it with my stock 400ex and the only thing is it was faster off the line and had about 3 quad lenths on me. but not a bad machine.

spliffy
07-10-2002, 12:19 PM
My Cousin Bought One 3 Weeks Ago & I Have Ridden It 3 Times Now (Each Weekend) Its A Nice Quad , It Has Strong Smooth Power & Wheelies Nicely :p Handles The Terrain On The Trails Good & Has Reverse Which Is Really Nice At Times.......The only Downfall Is....... It Isn't A HONDA :macho

indygncc
07-10-2002, 04:33 PM
Id say its a pretty desent quad, but you have to think of prices on parts for the machine. A frame for a z400 is 1400$. 400EX is around 500$. You can replace any part on a Honda for a respectable price. It would be hard to afford racing a Z400 compared to the traditional Honda. I race stock class in the GNCC, and I have ridden with them in the open fields and they never gain any or pull from me. Oh yeah the top guy on a Suzuki decided to quit racing his Z and started to race his Honda again. Does that mean anything?

07-10-2002, 06:19 PM
not too bad... what am i saying?... honda or nuthin!! (unless it's a 'shee) oh well it's anybody's opinion! lol

Sick0
07-10-2002, 08:41 PM
Well I was at southwick this weekend, and me and somebody with the Z-400 were racing down the finishline and he couldn't pull in front of me and I beat him. It seem like we were about even as power goes. It maybe a little faster that my 400ex
But not a big enough diffrence to tell. But I have a pipe and jetted.

Drtridr18
07-11-2002, 04:26 AM
Thanks for your replies. I'm glad our 400's aren't getting totally punished, It would be nice having more power and a couple of the other details come stock, but I know I'm glad I bought my 400 over a Raptor.

ExVillin400
07-11-2002, 04:33 PM
i bought my 400 over a raptor too. and thank god i did. except reverse, but its light enough.

red400ryder
07-11-2002, 09:25 PM
well guys one of my good buddys went from honda to suzuki. he had been riding a honda 250ex but today i came by his place and he had him a brand new z400 sitting in the shop. well i got to ride it even though it ain't broke in yet real good but around our little track and second gear would just want to lift the front up on the punch of the throttle. real nice bike that suzuki has here. even though not broke in yet we didn't really race but went flying up a road near our house and he would pull away from me easy and be about 4-5 bike lengths ahead when i maxed out. another friend of ours has a 400ex with t-4 slip on jet kit and airbox mods. and they raced down the road. and both from when they started and way down the road were neck and neck all the way. not one or the other would pull away on each other. well all i have to say in final is i love my honda 400ex and i ain't getting rid of it for all this new technology that's out. well later guys madmike