PDA

View Full Version : Digger Doug interview

07-10-2002, 07:54 AM
Here's some good reading for those of you that like Digger Doug Gust.

http://www.4wheelatv.com/detail.asp?id=99

Razorback
07-10-2002, 08:49 AM
thanks for posting this. it's a good article. very interesting viewpoint on tt racing.

Juggalo
07-10-2002, 10:25 AM
sweet. doug gust is awesome. he lives pretty close to me too but i haven't ever met him tho :(

440exnacsracer
07-10-2002, 05:22 PM
juggalo, if you live close, watch either huevos 1 or quatros locos...i think its huevos, it shows his dump truck with him ridin off the back and a phone #, call him up and see if you could go ride with him.:D

Wired
07-10-2002, 05:42 PM
i agree with gust on that one about the TT. if you ask me i think TT should be out of the picture when it comes to determining the championship points. its pretty stupid how they have had it set up in the last couple years. let TT be its own sport, why intergrade it with MX????? it goes as good together as oil and water... :mad:

Juggalo
07-10-2002, 10:56 PM
eh i've already looked up his phone number before. from what i hear hes a hard guy to get a hold of.

07-11-2002, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by WiredCinqmars
let TT be its own sport, why intergrade it with MX?????

Well I disagree with ya Jon on that. I do agree that TT is expensive as he11 and it's a totally different form of quad racing..but here's my view on it.. If your gonna be a PRO quad racer you need to be good at everything,,not just TT or not just MX,,your a PRO for god's sake you need to be the best there is on a quad on any terrain in any conditions,,,,I actually think they should throw in a couple Cross Country races in their schedule too,,if your labeled PRO then you need to be the best at all fields of ATV racing. I'm a MX guy and don't have the setup for TT but will one day, it looks like fun but it's very very costly. The only thing I hate about TT , MX, and GNCC racing is it's a different setup for each and with no factory support and high cost of quad racing it's almost impossible to do all of those with the same quad.

07-11-2002, 08:33 AM
So Rico do you also think that a nascar driver should also have to race an Indy car, a top fuel funny car and a rally dar to be able to win the nascar champianship. Why not through in the Baja 1000 too. No i got it Dave Mirra should have to win the tour de France to get gold at the X-games.

Juggalo
07-11-2002, 10:29 AM
gnccer has a really good point

07-11-2002, 10:36 AM
well, havin 2diff types of commpitition makes it 2 times harder, u can be the best in the world at MX, but suck at TT, so u gotta learn to adapt, makes it 2wice as hard, they should recombine.

07-11-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by GNCCer
So Rico do you also think that a nascar driver should also have to race an Indy car, a top fuel funny car and a rally dar to be able to win the nascar champianship. Why not through in the Baja 1000 too. No i got it Dave Mirra should have to win the tour de France to get gold at the X-games.

I knew a response like this would come back,,that's gettin a little rediculous,,but nascar does involve racing on tracks with more than just left hand turns,,correct?? Dave mirra does compete in more than just vert ramp doesn't he,,like street freestyle or whatever it is and what not. Sorry you didn't like my response gnccer but that's the way I see it,,,the MX & TT was fine for years and years why change it???? It was never broke,,it just made the Pro's earn their #1 plate a little more... I have a ton of respect for all Pro riders and top A and B riders no matter what series they run it. Let me guess you think that Pro basketball, football and baseball players are actual atheletes too?? A bunch of overpaid cry babies is all they are...buts that's off the subject.:rolleyes: Everybody wants everything handed to them now a days and it's a friggen joke.

440 I liked your reply..:D :blah

TRX250R87
07-11-2002, 11:51 AM
I'll bet most of you didn't know Gust races bikes too. He comes to some district 16 races once in a while. I watched him race here a couple years ago in A class and about 2 or 3 bike classes on a Yamaha.
ERIC

07-11-2002, 12:10 PM
I believe he's into snocross too on snowmobiles...

Tommy 17
07-11-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Rico
I believe he's into snocross too on snowmobiles...

i know for a fact he races snow mobiles in snowcross bc on the mt morris race they interviewed him and he said he can jump quads so good bc hes use to racing snow mobiles that are alot heavier and he can throw the quad around in the air...

07-11-2002, 01:46 PM
i wasn't trying to flame with you Rico i was just expressing my feelings. If you are going to call some one a atv champion yeas they should race everything. Ifyou are going to call someone a motorcross champian all they need to race is strictly motorcross. I love racing mx, tt and xc but i would not like to race all of them in the same series. The bike guys break it down even futher by haveing a motocross champian and a supercross champ. I think it is great that they are mx and TT are now split. that's my $.02 no offense intended toward anyone.

07-11-2002, 02:56 PM
No offense taken man...;) we all buddies out here..:)

Clay
07-11-2002, 08:18 PM
I agree with Rico and 440. I think the Pro Class should have to run TT and MX both. Yes, its two different types of racing, but it challenges the TT riders when they ride MX, and the MX riders when they ride TT. It makes them more versatile, and a better all around rider. I think they should recombine.

07-11-2002, 10:53 PM
ahh, 440's genuis is finally recoginized, rico, that deserves me gettin one of those buttons (red shiney one)