PDA

View Full Version : race tracks in western pa

450rboy
01-24-2006, 06:14 PM
well i have never raced at a race track i mean mx track.

I live in punxsutawney,pa.

i am looking for a track to go to and i was wanting some suggestions on which tracks that are good and not good.

i was thinking about challenger but i know i will be going to iron valley. Iron valley isn't that good of a track but its nice to go to because of how close it is to me.

450r51
01-24-2006, 07:21 PM
mapleshade MX one of the most quad friendly tracks around. the owners are very nice as well and are awesome people. if you dont like it there they will refund your money....but i have only seen this once. go there if...not for the track, for the great ppl that run it. heres the link

www.mapleshademx.com

LTandRaptorider
01-28-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by 450rboy
well i have never raced at a race track i mean mx track.

I live in punxsutawney,pa.

i am looking for a track to go to and i was wanting some suggestions on which tracks that are good and not good.

i was thinking about challenger but i know i will be going to iron valley. Iron valley isn't that good of a track but its nice to go to because of how close it is to me.

Are they racing motocross at Challenger again? I heard they stopped a few years ago. I ran my first MX race at Challenger almost 10 years ago... :p

There is a Supercross style track at Switchback Raceway, which is about 8 miles north of Butler on Rt. 8. It's decent, they also run Harescramble races there.

Airik79mx
01-29-2006, 06:20 PM
Ya, they still run Challenger...It's a joke..People that run it are bums...

450rboy...check out www.district5ama.org for all the tracks in western PA.

Nick110
01-29-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Airik79mx
Ya, they still run Challenger...It's a joke..People that run it are bums...

450rboy...check out www.district5ama.org for all the tracks in western PA.

Have you ever raced mapleshade? Its D4/D5 and the only D5 track close to me. (2hrs away)

ATV
02-20-2006, 11:51 AM
There is also a mx trackat Switchback now.
www.switchbackmx.com