PDA

View Full Version : has anyone saw the new color Z400 out yet?

QuadJunkies
07-10-2002, 12:31 AM
Im thinking about trading in my 300ex for a Z400, and they dont have one in stock here,ill have to wait 1-2 months to order unless I can find a Dealer that had the new color in stock. Suzuki said they can swap one for the other if I can find one, they are looking for one ,So if you see any...please let me know THanks :)

FullBore52
07-10-2002, 12:43 AM
the white ones? I saw 4 at the dunes last week...

QuadJunkies
07-10-2002, 12:49 AM
Yep...Thats the one..How do they look compared to the yellow?seems no one around here has any in stock and its hard to get there hands on one

Nausty
07-10-2002, 12:58 AM
if I were you I would look around and get a 400ex for 5k and put some mods in it over the 5700 or however much. just my opinion. I think you mean the white z400? Yeah they look a lot better than the yellow in my opinion but I know they want to make mainly yellow because that is suzuki colors and they can mark up the price of the white when is all you really need to do is get yellow and wait a while and buy the white plastic later when your yellow is beat up and only take a small loss but you will have new looking plastic for a long time and still get your white and something to sell on ebay when you get the white.

New-400ex_guy
07-10-2002, 03:21 AM
yep i saw about 4 at the dunes this last weekend too lol. i dont like the white, i like the yellow the best. probly since thats the one i have ;) . if my plastic gets beat up ill probly go with some fullbore orange or black that would look cool.

why get a honda 400ex when you can get the Z. i have both and say get the Z. the honda may be cheaper but can the 400ex take a stock banshee i dont think so, and the Z beats it sometimes and sometimes doesnt so they are really close. plus the Z and ex handle the same and have the nice suspension.

FullBore52
07-10-2002, 10:50 AM
I rode one of those 4 last week. I rode a stock 400 with paddle tires, then jumped off that and got on a Z...in my opinion, the Z kicks its @$$. More comfortable and a little bit more power. I really dig that T-shaped seat..:D

kc 300EX
07-10-2002, 12:56 PM
heres one of our members white Z's

QuadJunkies
07-10-2002, 02:00 PM
Man~~ I love the white...but I love the yellow..My only worry is what if HOnda comes out with a better machine in Sept.We were told form HOnda to hang tight,they will have something like a 650 ex out,thats what they were guessing,I guess we will find out in Sept. I still want the Z though....THink it will smoke a Raptor though??

dads400ex
07-10-2002, 09:52 PM
I am really happy with the Z, it feels like it has more power than the EX and it was piped, jetted and had the air box mods plus the seat is more comfortable and it fits me better as in height plus I will be piping, jetting and doing the air box mods here pretty quick:D The handling is as good as the Hondas also.

dads400ex

VooDuu Child
07-11-2002, 01:19 PM
I love my Z, and wouldn't trade it for anything, yet that is. I am not a "brand loyal" type person. And I say yet, because the Predator is not out yet. I wanted to get the white one, but when I purchased the two that live at my house, it was the first shipment into the US and there weren't any whities. Now, I've seen the white one, up close and personal, I like the yellow better now. Guess I lucked out. I wouldn't mind getting black plastics, I think that would look awesome.

QuadJunkies
07-11-2002, 01:40 PM
VOODUU CHILD~~ I think the moe I look at it, the moe Im changing my mind..I LOVE the white, but Im thinking of all It will show when it comes to scratches and balck frlom my riding gear rubbing.I think I will stick with the yellow if I get one..

VooDuu Child
07-11-2002, 02:10 PM
You will not be disappointed with the yellow. We've rolled both of ours, and the scratches are there, but if they were white rides, they'd be black scratches on the white plastic. Go with the bumble bee. And just wait till after fifteen to twenty hours of riding, it turns into a totally different beast. Hold on tight.

twisted threads
07-11-2002, 02:14 PM
About the white plastic, I have a white R and I have no problem keeping it clean. Just my .02 But the dirt does show really good when its not clean.:cool: I like the yellow to but if I was going to get a suki I would get the white but I never will so I dont half to worry about it.:rolleyes:

Castor-426ex
07-15-2002, 07:18 PM
heres one

QuadJunkies
07-15-2002, 11:51 PM
WoW! I didnt know they came in blue too!

Castor-426ex
07-16-2002, 12:22 AM
they dont it was a joke...lol

QuadJunkies
07-16-2002, 12:26 AM
You know at first ,I thought it was, but then I thought maybe,Boy aint I gullable:rolleyes:

4punksdad
07-18-2002, 04:53 PM
I like the yellow better myself. I saw a white one the other day & didn't like it. I did offer the owner to come ride with us. I hope he shows up this week so I can ask to ride it.

07-18-2002, 05:10 PM
My local honda dealership has one white/black z400 in, an i hope i can get it soon! I actually went to look @ a used 400ex , but fell in love with the Z the moment I saw it, what drew me to it was a peice of paper labeled DO NOT TEST DRIVE IN MUD! it is super-comfy, perfect size, and looks like a bad *** machine, well, i hope that if i can get it's as good as it is said to be.

07-18-2002, 08:57 PM
The Blue is fake and the whote looks 10 times better then yellow. The Yellow looks like a summer sqush on roids.

QuadJunkies
07-18-2002, 11:46 PM
TRX0220~~~lol!!Summer squash on roids...lol...that was good :) Our dealers around here suck! They didnt even know of the color.Same goes with the new Raptor color(black with blue flames)they said there was a waiting for them for 2 months, I dont buy that,they didnt even know of that one either they had to call around to find out about it to get ifo on it,what are these dealers...Complete morons!!I told them they needed to keep a subscrition to dirt wheels if they dont even know the new products they carry

07-19-2002, 10:49 AM
I agree, these dealerships need to have SOME focus on the ATv products they carry, they will tell you inch by inch about a street bike, but when asked about the safety of sport/versus utility quads , they reply "well, they are about the same, just the plastic looks cooler."

QuadJunkies
07-19-2002, 02:48 PM
jamie400ex~~You hit that right on the nose!!Can you believe that the morons didnt even know what a bolt pattern was? He said"Ill have to check and see if it has one:huh .Of course iit does,thank god for EXRIDERS....:D