PDA

View Full Version : Full Time Firefighter

initall
01-24-2006, 05:20 PM
I have been a volenteer firefightr for 4 yrs now. I am thinking about trying to get in Chicago Fire Dept. I am wondering if anyone on here is a full time firefighter, and was wondering if the exams is hard and if the agility test is hard.

Thanks.

Scott-300ex
01-24-2006, 05:32 PM
I say go for it.

I want to become a fire fighter/volunteer in my town too, as SOON as I turned 18 I went up and was like, "Sign me up!!!" they're like, "You gotta be 21." Im like "F**k." I mess around with fire so much, I thought I would be good to everybody with experience and knowin wut does wut or wutever.

Enough about me.

I'm sure you'll have to do some heavy training, I don't know if you have to pass a test, but I gaurentee training.

Wutever you do, good luck with it:D

01-24-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
I say go for it.

I want to become a fire fighter/volunteer in my town too, as SOON as I turned 18 I went up and was like, "Sign me up!!!" they're like, "You gotta be 21." Im like "F**k." I mess around with fire so much, I thought I would be good to everybody with experience and knowin wut does wut or wutever.

Enough about me.

I'm sure you'll have to do some heavy training, I don't know if you have to pass a test, but I gaurentee training.

Wutever you do, good luck with it:D

I bet you would not get the job unless you let them take you to the hair dresser and get a decent hair cut, i think your dreads are cool but you are supposed to look decent on the job like your a friendly man, not some drug dealing knife wheeling looking jamakin:o

HondaRacer300ex
01-24-2006, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by banshee91
I bet you would not get the job unless you let them take you to the hair dresser and get a decent hair cut, i think your dreads are cool but you are supposed to look decent on the job like your a friendly man, not some drug dealing knife wheeling looking jamakin:o

harsh:rolleyes:

01-24-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacer300ex
harsh:rolleyes:

im not saying it to be a dick, i like them. But i do think they would ask him to get a hair cut, hell to play on school basketball teams your hair cant be too long.

trx400exxracer
01-24-2006, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by banshee91

and the hair might catch on fire

lol

TM426
01-24-2006, 06:54 PM
My Pop's a chief for Elk grove and my step brothers a firefighter. Let me know if you want me to ask somethin I'll give em a call.

JOEX
01-24-2006, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by initall
I have been a volenteer firefightr for 4 yrs now. I am thinking about trying to get in Chicago Fire Dept. I am wondering if anyone on here is a full time firefighter, and was wondering if the exams is hard and if the agility test is hard.

Thanks.
I sure hope the exam and agility tests are difficult. We don't need any pansies fighting fires;)