PDA

View Full Version : What do I do!?

ShiftFMX
01-24-2006, 04:43 PM
Ok, So about a month back, I bought a new Muffler for my truck from www.performance-curve.com. I've been hearing all this rave about these IMCO Extreme Series mufflers. So I bought one from that website. I got it, put it on, and was extemely disappointed with it. Everyone I told was baffled at what I was telling them. Then, the other day I found out, "Oh Performance-curve.com doesnt sell IMCO's anymore, they're getting some cheap IMCO knockoff and selling those as IMCO's! Yours is Fake if it came in an all white box!" And guess what, MINE DID!!! WTF do I do about this, I would like to get a REAL IMCO, and make Performance-Curve.com pay for it!!!

BTW, Its installed on my truck already!

JDiablo
01-24-2006, 04:44 PM
Sue them,thats false advertising.

nosliw
01-24-2006, 05:31 PM
bbb if you can't negotiate with them

moto04racing
01-24-2006, 05:33 PM
they can get shut down for false advertisement, such as mount clemans dodge did

HiperEX
01-24-2006, 06:23 PM
imco is pretty much a flowmaster nock off i have a flowmaster 40 series single in dual out on my truck and the body casting looks pretty similar i dunno what id do mine was pretty quite for awhile to you need to break the packing in dont worry about it mine pretty loud now

aroracer72
01-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Make shure you have the reciept, the muffler box, and the advertisement. Call a lawyer and talk it over with him and see what he thinks. He'll most deffinately say he can sue them, and go from there.
CHAD

(most liekly if you have your lawyer call the company and tell themn about your suit before you actually sue them, the company will fork out the money for you to buy the REAL thing.)

ShiftFMX
01-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by HiperEX
imco is pretty much a flowmaster nock off i have a flowmaster 40 series single in dual out on my truck and the body casting looks pretty similar i dunno what id do mine was pretty quite for awhile to you need to break the packing in dont worry about it mine pretty loud now

Well flomaster lost the patent for the delta 40 series so IMCO did it up! and theyre selling like crazy