PDA

View Full Version : Kasea Gussets



AtvMxRider
01-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Does anybody have any pictures of a Kasea frame that has been gusseted?

wvspeedfreak
01-24-2006, 07:45 PM
I can get you some pics tomorrow of where I gusseted ours.I don't know if I got all the right spots cause I didn't have anything to go by but i put them where I knew would help.

AtvMxRider
01-24-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
I can get you some pics tomorrow of where I gusseted ours.I don't know if I got all the right spots cause I didn't have anything to go by but i put them where I knew would help.


Thanks Jason that would be a big help

Johnny & Monica
01-24-2006, 09:54 PM
Yes I just bougth a gusset kit also threw lakeside An would like to see where their add to , Thanks

Livin4Real
01-24-2006, 10:54 PM
Here's some pics of ours. We got it from Jon Andersen. I have yet to see another kit as complete as this one. It is on an 05' Kasea 90 frame.It has custom formed pieces for the swingarm support as well as 1/4 in. angle iron running behind the horizontal tube above the swingarm pivot that you can't really see in the pics. It also comes with double motor mounts and plenty of other pieces. It all went together great and makes a big difference. If anyone wants one just shoot me a pm and I'll get you the info, and please noone chime in with their opinions on Jon. This kit rocks!

Livin4Real
01-25-2006, 03:42 AM
From the front: a plate behind the steering stem, plates where the angle tube meets the upright tube at the halfway point and plates at the bottom of the steering stem.

Livin4Real
01-25-2006, 03:44 AM
From the side: Heavily reinforced swingarm and exhaust area due to the frame being pushed out to accomodate the bigger exhaust. You can also just make out the top of the angle iron above the swingarm pivot and also the doubled up motor mounts.

Livin4Real
01-25-2006, 03:46 AM
more gussets on the chassis:

Livin4Real
01-25-2006, 03:48 AM
another shot of the motor mounts and the gussets on the upper frame rail, also you can make out the angle iron on the backside of the motor mount tube that follows the entire contour of the tubing.

Johnny & Monica
01-25-2006, 07:15 AM
That gusset kit looks really beefy compared to the one I bougth :ermm: The one I got none of the pieces are larger than a pack of cigarettes . We`ll put her on since thats what we got. Thanks for posting pictures It really helped out . looks good

AtvMxRider
01-25-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
That gusset kit looks really beefy compared to the one I bougth :ermm: The one I got none of the pieces are larger than a pack of cigarettes . We`ll put her on since thats what we got. Thanks for posting pictures It really helped out . looks good


What kit did you get? I was thinking of getting the one Hetricks sells.

Livin4Real
01-25-2006, 11:09 PM
This kit is solid, some folks also run angle iron up both sides in the front (on the backside). Total weight of the kit is about that of
the battery, so not too bad at all. The extra motor mounts are a must have IMO, we snapped both ours off after only a couple good runs on the track before we gusseted them.

AtvMxRider
01-28-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Livin4Real
This kit is solid, some folks also run angle iron up both sides in the front (on the backside). Total weight of the kit is about that of
the battery, so not too bad at all. The extra motor mounts are a must have IMO, we snapped both ours off after only a couple good runs on the track before we gusseted them.


That is the reason I am going to gusset my son's I have welded the rear motor mounts a dozen times and this last time was the final straw.

QuadJunkies
02-24-2006, 12:57 AM
looks like we will be investing in a Gusset kit soon....
We inspect both minis after each and every race, so she must have done it at the MX last wk end .

Sis has a one inch crack my the motor mount (we did have mounts reinforced be fore PC was done cause the stock ones was chessy and thin) and we have to do a weld to get by for the wk end :ermm: its gonna look tacky for abit until we get some time to do a tear down,stip the PC and start over .. :(

Maybe due to over torquering ??

Evana13
02-24-2006, 05:16 AM
QJ I woulden't be suprised if your mounts cracked from all of the touge and high rpms the kasea is turning while racing flat track and all the power from the 116 stroke isin't helping. Have any of yall ever broke the front motor mounts

foleyit
02-24-2006, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Livin4Real
Here's some pics of ours. We got it from Jon Andersen. I have yet to see another kit as complete as this one. It is on an 05' Kasea 90 frame.It has custom formed pieces for the swingarm support as well as 1/4 in. angle iron running behind the horizontal tube above the swingarm pivot that you can't really see in the pics. It also comes with double motor mounts and plenty of other pieces. It all went together great and makes a big difference. If anyone wants one just shoot me a pm and I'll get you the info, and please noone chime in with their opinions on Jon. This kit rocks!

We're running the same kit on our '05 Kasea and it's solid.

QuadJunkies
02-24-2006, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Evana13
QJ I woulden't be suprised if your mounts cracked from all of the touge and high rpms the kasea is turning while racing flat track and all the power from the 116 stroke isin't helping. Have any of yall ever broke the front motor mounts Oh, I agree 100% ! Im sure it has alot to do with vibration its def has ALOT more of that . It needs some meaty reinforcements

newnick
02-24-2006, 03:09 PM
My son's Eton is similar to the Kasea. The first thing that broke was the front motor mount. I think I may have tightened it to much. It looked like it just tore the pipe apart that the mounts are welded to. I replaced the whole pipe across the frame rails with a heavier pipe and remounted the motor mounts. Recently I pulled the motor out and found the pipe between the rear mounts cracked. I ground a little all the way around the pipe and had it welded. I also have the Hetrick gusset kit installed about a year now without any problems in the gusseted areas, But I feel I may need more gusseting in other areas. I think one area that might need attention is the upper frame under the seat. Allthough I have this area gusseted I can see that the whole frame could bend from the rider weight bouncing on the seat. I think the Kasea has a angled pipe welded in on one side of the frame in this area that the Eton does not.

AtvMxRider
02-27-2006, 07:07 PM
Well I got the gusstes all welded in and the 1st race on the track he jumps(finally) and breaks the damn rear motor mount bolt. I told him if he's not breaking anything he's not trying. Here is right before he broke it throwing out alittle whip:devil:

AtvMxRider
02-27-2006, 07:08 PM
:)

wvspeedfreak
02-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Cool pics Jerry.Get a grade 10.9 bolt for that rear mount.No bigger than Austin is he had already bent his.The stock ones are soft.

BTW tell your son he's looking good out there :macho

AtvMxRider
02-27-2006, 07:39 PM
he broke a grade 8 bolt

wvspeedfreak
02-27-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
he broke a grade 8 bolt

I'm not sure what to tell ya then.

AtvMxRider
02-27-2006, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
I'm not sure what to tell ya then.

I bought a whole box of them:devil:

Livin4Real
02-27-2006, 11:35 PM
at least you don't have to reweld bolts ;)

QuadJunkies
02-28-2006, 12:49 AM
WOW.. Someones got TALL!:eek2:

AtvMxRider
02-28-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
WOW.. Someones got TALL!:eek2:

No chit tell me about it:ermm: